celebration in Bourgas

Can anyone tell me any information about Bourgas port? How long will it take to walk from the port to the town? Is it safe to walk about the port area? Would anyone who has been to Bourgas suggest going out on your own or is it better to take an excursion to Nessebar?:confused:

Can anyone tell me any information about Bourgas port? How long will it take to walk from the port to the town? Is it safe to walk about the port area? Would anyone who has been to Bourgas suggest going out on your own or is it better to take an excursion to Nessebar?:confused:

We went to Nessebar as a stop last year so can't help with Bourgas but did enjoy wandering around Nessebar after a walking tour of the town. Here is the review I did for that port:-

This is a tender port and as we had read that people had had problems getting off on previous cruises, wehad booked a walking tour of Nessebar which was the churches one. To be honest, I am glad we did that as it was only for about an hour & it was very interesting & the guide took us round a lot of the town & told us lots of information which we would not have gathered otherwise. After that we had free time & just wandered around. There was a small beach there & mainly the town was full of shops & restaurants - I'm not sure we would have spent so long there if it wasn't for the tour. It was very pretty but not an awful lot there to see unless we just completely missed it all! Shopping is very cheap there - handbags, belts etc - we took £25 in local currency & we literally had to walk round the shops trying to spend it!!!

Other people managed to DIY with no problems - they release a certain amount of tender tickets & once they have gone you just have to wait your turn to get off; we met some people who had no tender tickets but managed to get off & see what they wanted. We also met some people who went on the wine & food tour & they said it was superb; if ever we went back, think I would opt for that or another trip as would probably be a fuller day.