Roommate cancelling.

mamajules

My friend may have to cancel going on our cruise. We are outside final payment for a few more weeks so I know she could get a refund. If she does - do I have to pay the other half? I assume I probably do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

Yes. Sorry. Can you find someone else to go with you? Even with early saver and after final payment but before a certain date, as long as one of the original people booked is still going you can put someone else in their place.

See if your specific cruise has the single pricing. Not all cruises have it but your cruise May and it never hurts to ask. I found out my last cruise had the singe fare by doing a search on FareViewer. I think it is finally fixed or call carnivL.

See if your specific cruise has the single pricing. Not all cruises have it but your cruise May and it never hurts to ask. I found out my last cruise had the singe fare by doing a search on FareViewer. I think it is finally fixed or call carnivL.

This.

1) See if your sailing is one of the ones where they are waving the single supplement

2) I have seen some sailings coming up that the single supplement is only 150% as opposed to the normal double

3) Find someone else to join.

Definitely call Carnival though.

Thanks everyone!

There is no single supplement for this cruise unfortunately. However, I think we may have figured it out. We booked Early Saver, so she will not get back the $250 deposit (well, $200 can go on a future cruise credit). My son is looking at going, so if she does decide she cannot go, he will pay her the cash she would get reimbursed if she cancelled and I will pay the $50 for the name change. At some point we can give her the $200 in lieu of the future cruise credit.