A first timer's account - NCL Breakaway - May 18-25

Thanks for the review. One question if you remember. What nights are the dress up nights. I know it's optional but I am trying to plan around this to get some nice family pictures for my daughters sweet 16 cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Monday night. First Sea Day. "Norwegian's Night Out"

Great review!! I read it on your web page, not here, so my apologies if this question was already asked! You mention in your review that one day you went to the buffet for lunch and it was Asian day. Does the buffet have different themes each day? Do they tell you the theme in the dailies, or do you just find out when you show up! I LOVE Asian food and doubt I will get it much (besides the spring roll app-yum) in Taste, Savor, or Manhattan Room (and don't want to pay for Teppanyaki or Noodle Bar), so would love to catch Asian day at the buffet! Do you happen to remember? Thanks!

Great review!! I read it on your web page, not here, so my apologies if this question was already asked! You mention in your review that one day you went to the buffet for lunch and it was Asian day. Does the buffet have different themes each day? Do they tell you the theme in the dailies, or do you just find out when you show up! I LOVE Asian food and doubt I will get it much (besides the spring roll app-yum) in Taste, Savor, or Manhattan Room (and don't want to pay for Teppanyaki or Noodle Bar), so would love to catch Asian day at the buffet! Do you happen to remember? Thanks!

It was not listed in the Dailies that way. There are always Asian options on one or two of the sections in the buffet. Try the Indian food it is wonderful!!

Thank you. Only once? I thought there was two for some reason.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The first Sea Day is also the only night they offer lobster, but it is on the buffet. I really didn't want to get dressed up to go to the buffet. We saw people dressed up every night. There were photographers set up each night also.

The first Sea Day is also the only night they offer lobster, but it is on the buffet. I really didn't want to get dressed up to go to the buffet. We saw people dressed up every night. There were photographers set up each night also.

Oh, really? The photogrophers with the nice backdrops are setup every night? That would be good. We just want to get dress dup one night, like i said to get a nice family picture. Did you guys have any issues with reservations with specialty restaurants. I'm reading a lot of conflicting reports on whether or not you need to make reservations in advance or if you could just wing it and decide once you're on board.

Oh, really? The photogrophers with the nice backdrops are setup every night? That would be good. We just want to get dress dup one night, like i said to get a nice family picture. Did you guys have any issues with reservations with specialty restaurants. I'm reading a lot of conflicting reports on whether or not you need to make reservations in advance or if you could just wing it and decide once you're on board.

They have different back drops each night. They have someone taking pics on the staircase every night. If you are traveling during a busy time you should probably make reservations. I made reservations, but there were times we were not ready to eat or something happened and we changed them. We were always able to get in. It would be something like we asked for 8 and they had 7:30, etc.