Can you get price guarantee without being an early saver?

dom89

I just book a trip on the Glory sailing out in September. If I happen to find a lower price, do I qualify for the low price guarantee? From their website it seems to be only if I find it within 48hrs but I see people getting OBC after 48hrs. Do you have to be an early saver in order to get the guarantee after 48hrs?

So since I already payed in full, I'm sol?

No. Be aware it's after final payment is due, not after you've paid in full. Carnival seems to be very wishy washy on how they handle it.

I had a sale that had the 48 hour guarantee. But I got a refund for price drop much later. Then they fought with me on a second price drop but eventually gave in. What I realized was my sale had final payment not due until 30 days before. I think that when they originally told me no they thought I was past final payment due date. But then the figured it out and gave me the price drop.

Oh ok. I wonder why they mention the 48hrs limitation then.

Yeah, that was weird. I didn't know about it the first time I called for a price drop. They didn't give me any problems. But the second time they mentioned the 48 hour thing. Then someone here posted the rules but I hadn't read all those details when I booked.

My thought is that if you can cancel your cruise without a penalty then they will give you price drops. Otherwise you could just cancel and re-book. Best thing is to call and ask. If they say "No." then ask for a supervisor. They will sometimes check with someone else. That was what they did for my second drop.