Eclipse Disembarkation Southampton

I am trying to arrange transportation from the Southampton port to Heathrow Airport after our cruise on the Celebrity Eclipse later this summer. We plan to do self-disembarkation. The ship docks at 5:30am. What is the earliest time we will be off the ship? What time should the taxi meet us? Thanks for your help!

Normally you can be off the ship a little before 7am with unassisted disembarkation, regular disembarkation is about 7am to 9am, stragglers off by 9.30.

What time is your flight?

And what date / day of the week?

JB :)

Edited by John Bull

We have a 12:30pm flight on Saturday, August 30. We are not concerned about making the flight. My DH likes to self-disembark early and I just wanted to know what a reasonable time would be. I currently have a taxi scheduled for 6:45 but I think I'll change it to 7:15. Thanks for your help JB!

We have a 12:30pm flight on Saturday, August 30. We are not concerned about making the flight. My DH likes to self-disembark early and I just wanted to know what a reasonable time would be. I currently have a taxi scheduled for 6:45 but I think I'll change it to 7:15. Thanks for your help JB!

That's comfortable. :)

Especially on a Saturday.

I am looking for a taxi to take us from Heathrow to our Hotel near Victoria Station. Can you share which taxi company you will be using?

I am looking for a taxi to take us from Heathrow to our Hotel near Victoria Station. Can you share which taxi company you will be using?

I have booked with" Smiths for Airports". I found them on this board. They were highly recommended. I made my reservation through email.

Smith's are frequently recommended for journeys to/from Southampton.

But they're based near the Southampton end, about 65 miles from Heathrow and Heathrow to Victoria is way out of their patch - they may decline to quote for this job, they may sub-out, or they may quote an inflated rate to cover their huge empty mileage.

Heathrow to Victoria should be around £35 to £40.

Smith's are frequently recommended for journeys to/from Southampton.

But they're based near the Southampton end, about 65 miles from Heathrow and Heathrow to Victoria is way out of their patch - they may decline to quote for this job, they may sub-out, or they may quote an inflated rate to cover their huge empty mileage.

Heathrow to Victoria should be around £35 to £40.

John...Can you recommend a taxi company to prearrange a pickup from Heathrow to hotel near Victoria Station?

John...Can you recommend a taxi company to prearrange a pickup from Heathrow to hotel near Victoria Station?

Dammit, knew you'd ask ;)

Sorry, no, I''ve got no experience & nor have I heard 100% positive comments about any.

There's dozens.

The two biggest are Just Airports & Simply Airports. They are big, so they're bound to foul-up from time to time. But they're not fly-by-nights or amateurs or rip-offs. Nor do they sub-out jobs, which happens a lot with airport operators who take on more work than they can handle.

Best I can do.