Best "Bar Hop" bar

frobert1

Hi! I was thinking about doing the Cozumel Bar Hop Tour on our December visit to Cozumel on the Carnival Triumph. Now I'm not sure I only want to spend 45 minutes at each bar.....what if I find one a really like. So, what's your favorite bar on the Bar Hop tour? We'll be a group of 6 in our early 30's. Are there any bars with swimming beaches? If I decide to just spend the day at one bar, how do I get there and back? I know a taxi could get us there (how much might that cost) but how do I arrange service to get us back? Thanks!

IMO, the best bar is Paradise Café, aka Bob Marley's Rasta Bar. Great beach bar, good food (excellent ceviche), nice loungers. The problem with most bars on the east side is that there is no swimming permitted. Only Chen Rio has swimming available. There may be limited swimming at Punta Morena. And any swimming is at risk due to tides and ocean currents which batter the East side. Lots of people like Coconuts for the view. The Hop used to stop at Playa Bonita, just down the road from Coconuts and Chen Rio. They ( and Chen Rio) do serve good fresh seafood dishes.

If you head over to the Puerta Maya website, that's where Carnival usually docks, you find a nice sheet on taxi costs to various places. It's in pesos, but just divide by 10 to get an approximate US$ rate (actual exchange rate is somewhere around 13 pesos to the dollar, but it can vary and most vendors use the 10 pesos rate in order to cover conversion costs. You'll have to call a taxi or have the bar call a taxi for you for any east side places. Could have a bit of a wait too.

I agree. Paradise Cafe, aka Bob Marley was awesome! All the places were fun, but we really enjoyed the laid back vibe of this place. Could have stayed there for hours. The beach is beautiful and the food and drinks awesome.

Was is because it was the last stop on the Bar Hop and we had had a few cocktails? Perhaps, but we really enjoyed it. The first stop had a nice little pool, loungers, hammocks, beach bar with swings etc. This would have been my second choice to spend more time at, or if you were looking to hang out for the day, this would have been a nice place. Maybe someone can help with the name. Was this Chen-Rio perhaps? Not sure. First stop on the Bar Hop.

I agree. Paradise Cafe, aka Bob Marley was awesome! All the places were fun, but we really enjoyed the laid back vibe of this place. Could have stayed there for hours. The beach is beautiful and the food and drinks awesome.

Was is because it was the last stop on the Bar Hop and we had had a few cocktails? Perhaps, but we really enjoyed it. The first stop had a nice little pool, loungers, hammocks, beach bar with swings etc. This would have been my second choice to spend more time at, or if you were looking to hang out for the day, this would have been a nice place. Maybe someone can help with the name. Was this Chen-Rio perhaps? Not sure. First stop on the Bar Hop.

Punta Morena. I believe they have overnight rooms too. but maybe that was before one of th ehurricanes in '05/'06.

Then Coconuts, Playa Bonita then Rastas, according to the latest web site. Places do change over time. Chen Rio is no longer on the list and the old Playa San Martin ( Andales's?) or El Mirador or Mezcalitos have long gone off the radar.

Punta Morena. I believe they have overnight rooms too. but maybe that was before one of th ehurricanes in '05/'06.

Then Coconuts, Playa Bonita then Rastas, according to the latest web site. Places do change over time. Chen Rio is no longer on the list and the old Playa San Martin ( Andales's?) or El Mirador or Mezcalitos have long gone off the radar.

YES! You are correct it was Punta Moreno. That looked like a good place to spend a few hours.

CozCocktail1.jpg.64fe72be3cb27ceaf6657462acde7215.jpg