Kona- Big Island Snorkel & Sea Horse Farm

Tx mommy

We are scheduled through a ship excursion for the Big Island Snorkel trip from 8-12:30. I saw that if we go on our own to the Sea horse farm we can make the 2:00 tour. May be a silly question but are taxis pretty easy to catch from the pier? Can anyone recommend a reliable taxi company we can schedule to take us to the sea horses and back?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are scheduled through a ship excursion for the Big Island Snorkel trip from 8-12:30. I saw that if we go on our own to the Sea horse farm we can make the 2:00 tour. May be a silly question but are taxis pretty easy to catch from the pier? Can anyone recommend a reliable taxi company we can schedule to take us to the sea horses and back?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are planning to use Mel's Taxi to Keauhou Bay to meet our snorkel tour based on a recommendation we saw here on cruise critic. I believe is is about a 20 min ride and $25 was quoted as what they paid. Not sure where the sea horse farm is, distance wise. Not sure about availability at the dock, but if you have a set time you need to be somewhere, I would arrange it in advance.

You should have no problem getting a taxi at the pier to take you to the sea horse farm. It should be no more than a 15minute ride. However, when you're ready to go back to the ship, you'll have to call, as there will be no taxi's around. Get a phone number from the driver who drops you off or ask the people at the farm to call for you. Mel's is one of the cab companies that have been around for quite a few years, so they should be fine.