Connecting Cabins 8004/8006 or 8005/8007 - Balcony Question

CruisinNJ

I have booked on an upcoming Riviera cruise, our first on Oceania.

We have booked the connecting staterooms 8005 & 8007, which are presumably the same as 8004/8006.

When viewing the deck plans for the this ship, it appears that there may be a "long wall" next to the balcony in 8005 from the back of the adjacent suite.

Has anyone sailed in 8005 or 8004 on Riviera or Marina that could provide photos or explanation of the balcony view - I am concerned that it may be "darK" or it may feel very "closed in" because of the wall.

Thanks!

I have booked on an upcoming Riviera cruise, our first on Oceania.

We have booked the connecting staterooms 8005 & 8007, which are presumably the same as 8004/8006.

When viewing the deck plans for the this ship, it appears that there may be a "long wall" next to the balcony in 8005 from the back of the adjacent suite.

Has anyone sailed in 8005 or 8004 on Riviera or Marina that could provide photos or explanation of the balcony view - I am concerned that it may be "darK" or it may feel very "closed in" because of the wall.

Thanks!

074614.jpg002514.jpg

These dramatic photos -taken about three seconds before the Riviera was Christened- are the best illustration of the layout of the Verandas' of your Suites which I could find.

Please allow me to explain some of their particulars:

The Blue Line in the photos' runs at the level of the FLOOR of Deck 7.

Deck 8, then, is the deck above the four large circular windows.

074421.jpg

The Veranda of 8005 is an unusual size and shape. Although the deck plans are not detailed enough to show this, the Veranda of 8005 angles outward toward the bow of the ship. Note that the partition between 8005 and 8007 has TWO PANELS, whereas the partition between 8005 and 8003 has FOUR PANELS.

Neither of your Suites Verandas are dark or shaded by virtue of the Vista Suite, but keep in mind that you are three decks under the Bridge Wing.

Too far to throw shade, but a detail that must be mentioned.

Hope that this answered some of your concerns - whatever you decide, have a wonderful trip!