Best Stingray Tour??

Olwyn

Does anyone have an opinion?

Catamaran, vs. Motor Boat? Who offers what?

:confused:

We are primarily interested in snorkelling and stingray time...

One of us is worried about sea sickness...on the way out.

Some shopping time after would be great too!

Thanks everyone!

Olwyn:)

We used Soto's which had a motor boat. The tour was only 2 hours, which left us time to take a taxi to the turtle farm and Hell, and some shopping in town. We had a great experience with Sot's, and I highly recommend them

I have a problem with motion sickness so I'd recommend the person in your party prone to seasickness to take a Bonine the morning of the excursion. You don't want to wait to take it as you're boarding the boat or after you're seasick. You need to have it your system.

Also, tell him/her that if he/she goes snorkeling, not to raise his/her head up and down and look around alot. Best to keep the head in the water. If you raise and lower your head alot that will also make you feel seasick if you are prone to it. (found out the hard way...they told me AFTER I was sick)

Motorboat vs catamaran. Frankly I think that when the boat is moving in the water either one would have the same affect. What will bring seasickness on the most is when the boat is not moving and is bobbing around in the waves which will happen on either type of boat. I know the catamaran because it is shaped differently might have slightly less sway.

Whatever you do, if you are prone to seasickness, do NOT sit in the inside of the boat. Try to get on the edge where you can get fresh air and see how the boat is moving. It really helps my family.

Archived