Mahognay Bay

PSkinner

Is this beach limited to Carnival passengers? Can you take bottled water with you or must you purchase all beverages there? Anyone the cost for drinks/food there?

I have asked on the port page. Lots of lookers but no answers.

The beach that you are 1st at is built by Carnival (I know you can take excursions to other beaches). We took water off with us in March. We had a drink from the roving waiters and don't remember them being that high (no more than on ship and other ports). As for food I purchased the jerk chicken plate they were making outside of the bar area. It was like 10.00 for 1/2 a chicken, rice, fried plantains. It was really good. Don't know if they do this each time or not. A friend ordered food from the bar/eating area and not sure of the price but she did not come back and complain that it was really high.

I also carried my own water from the ship. No one said anything. I did purchase a drink from the roaming waiters and it was the same price as those on the ship. I really love the beach there, especially since it's free. Enjoy your cruise.:D

We carried our little cooler filled with soda and water off the ship and drank that all day. We got back on for a free lunch and then came back out to shop. No way I was paying almost 13 bucks for a BLT plate that is free less than a football field away. The food and beer was grossly overpriced, in my opinion, but the beach day is fun and relaxing.