Sarah & Grandpa's Cruise. The Mariner. June 22-29, 2014

Rachel - I got the open face ravioli on your suggestion...and it was good. Just didn't "wow" me. I dunno maybe my sore throat is throwing me off. Or maybe I'm sick of "eating out"/vacation food everyday. Haha!

I will take another look in the store tonight before dinner. So sad we have to pack tonight! :(

Ibiza. There are 3 things to do here: club, beach or Dalt Villa. Our South of the Island excursion SUCKED. The guide wasn't informative and we had too much free time in boring cities

Got back to ship. I rushed to grab my real shoes and lunch in time to take 1:30 shuttle to Dalt Villa. So amazing. Hilly town full of charm, views, culture, food and shops. Hilly and hot hot hot. 85 today no clouds. I walked halfway up. Then I was starting to b exhausted and forgot water. Had a great time. Def only good if you are in shape.

Back to ship for water and my first and last frozen strawberry dacquiri of cruise. :) yum!

Off to look at boutique again. An mayb find grandpa. My phone needs to charge now.

Ok found grandpa snoozing on those lovely couches on pool deck with curtains. Love that area

Forgot boutique doesn't opn til 630 whoops

Went to spa to look at mani options. I was there at like 4pm and somehow thy couldn't squeeze me in for a 15min polish change. Grrrrrrrr

630-730 is Chris Plante reception. Afterwards we have plans with our friends to do Sette Mari since they haven't been yet.

Adios

(I'll try to post som pic thruout next week)

Sorry for typos. Using iPhone and app and my phone case is wonky. Lol

I hate that you didn't love the open faced lobster ravioli-- maybe it was an off night.

But I don't like the lobster and rice arancini balls in Sette Mare, so go figure. I think they are just bland and not worth the calories.

Dinner in Sette Mari was fine but th rest of night was a rush rush rush. Left dinner early at 915 (we ate later than we intended and ran out of Time

Went to boutique to spend OBC. He got a watch for my uncle and a Swarovski starfish necklace for me :)

Then went back to room so he could finish packing. He didn't finish til midnight! 1 hr past the deadline. meanwhile I was on the computer doing some homework before internet shutdown at midnight (it didn't) lol

Woke up too early this morning. Got a yummy breakfast. Loads us into busses. Good to go.

Lufthansa at Barcelona was chaos

On the flight from Frankfurt to Dulles. Pics later this week. Thanks for following along

Dinner in Sette Mari was fine but th rest of night was a rush rush rush. Left dinner early at 915 (we ate later than we intended and ran out of Time

Went to boutique to spend OBC. He got a watch for my uncle and a Swarovski starfish necklace for me :)

Then went back to room so he could finish packing. He didn't finish til midnight! 1 hr past the deadline. meanwhile I was on the computer doing some homework before internet shutdown at midnight (it didn't) lol

Woke up too early this morning. Got a yummy breakfast. Loads us into busses. Good to go.

Lufthansa at Barcelona was chaos

On the flight from Frankfurt to Dulles. Pics later this week. Thanks for following along

Sarah, I have so enjoyed reading your commentary all along the way, the pleasant and the not so pleasant.

Grandpa is one lucky man and you are a gem for making this trip with him. I hope he loved his time onboard, in spite of the tummy problems. I could float for 7 days with no ports at all if someone paid! haha, I just love being on the ship that much.

Good luck with your courses toward you masters degree. May it help you get wherever you want to be in the future~