Half price sale so confused

This is another post about RCI prices but I just don't get it ,so to explain we have a booking for an ocean view cabin on Radiance , decided to look at upgrading to balcony , had a look at the prices and the price would be an extra $948.00 to upgrade to E1 balcony to what we are paying . So I contacted TA that has our booking and they told me that I would have to cancel existing booking and pay full fare? as I already had the 50% of second person on the original booking so the cost to upgrade would be $1675.00 . I could be wrong but I always thought you paid the difference I think I give up

Edited by chester32

This is another post about RCI prices but I just don't get it ,so to explain we have a booking for an ocean view cabin on Radiance , decided to look at upgrading to balcony , had a look at the prices and the price would be an extra $948.00 to upgrade to E1 balcony to what we are paying . So I contacted TA that has our booking and they told me that I would have to cancel existing booking and pay full fare? as I already had the 50% of second person on the original booking so the cost to upgrade would be $1675.00 . I could be wrong but I always thought you paid the difference I think I give up

I think you need a new TA have you checked direct with rci?

if you click on terms and conditions of the sale on the RCI site...

• Any existing booking (Offer Status, Booked Status & Courtesy Hold) that is cancelled on or after 29 April 2014 and subsequently rebooked for the same ship and sailing within the offer period will not be eligible to receive the offer

You travel agent shouldn't find it so hard to show you EXACTLY where the terms and conditions are and explain it properly.

The cruise companies are really pushing these sails are for new bookings, and even though you have booked under the sale price, it would seem to me that it falls under the above clause.

Here is the link to the whole terms and conditions...

http://www.royalcaribbean.com.au/contentPage.do?pagename=bogoho_may_terms

Yeah, new bookings only _could_ be an issue. It's true you can't always just "upgrade for the difference in price" as some offers are not applicable/combinable.

But I'd have thought whoever you booked with should be able to sort it out with their rep that as you already booked under this offer, you could upgrade like for like.