Carnival DREAM 2014 Cruise Review With Pictures!

I was on the same cruise. Great cruise, what did you think?

The weather was nice for each day except Key West...bummer.

Love the review so far and I can't wait for me to come!!!! :)

I think it was a great cruise too!

I was also on that cruise but my mother says we aren't going to go on the Dream again since we have to fly there and it was a hassle. So next time we'll be going from Long Beach on the Miracle!

I understand what you mean. Flying can be a great hassle. I love the Carnival Miracle too. How was the actual cruise part of your trip?

Thanks for the review! We are going on the Dream in July and November!

Have a great cruise! Lucky... you have two Dream cruises planned!!!

I'm going on this ship and same itinerary in September, thanks for doing a review!

subscribing

Have a great cruise! I'm sure you will love the ship and the itinerary.

I'm enjoying your review! We are doing this itinerary on the Dream in April. :D

Thank you! I'm sure you will have a great cruise!

I like your blog set up. Enjoying the review. I'm looking forward to my trip on the Dream in November and looking forward to the rest of your review.

Thank you! Enjoy your cruise on the Dream!

Looing forward to rest of your review, we will be on the Dream in Dec.

Thank you! Have a great cruise!

Thanks for your review, and sharing your photos.

Thank you!

To anyone else...

I apologize if I missed your question or comment! I really appreciate all of the nice comments!

Edited by thecruiserofships

Another great part added today! I agree with your thoughts about 8 More Seconds. Good show, but it is the old X-treme Country from the Ecstasy and Holiday.

Thank you! Sorry that I missed your second post. Did you know that there is a Youtube video of the old X-treme Country from the Holiday?

Dinner: I had Your-Time Dining which means I could dine in a specific dining room from 5:45pm until about 9:00pm. My assigned dining room was the Crimson Dining Room on the Deck 3 level. The entrance was located in the atrium. By 5:15pm each night the dinner line was already formed and it got long. Dinner started promptly at 5:45pm and the hostesses working the entrance were very friendly and accomodating. Each night of the cruise we had the same waitstaff: Kanya, Luisito, and I Ketut. This waitstaff was one of the best I have ever had and all have been with Carnival more than 7 years. The food that was served was great and tonight I had the Fried Chicken Tenders, Caesar Salad, Sweet & Sour Shrimp, and Warm Chocolate Melting Cake. The Warm Chocolate Melting Cake was good, but it was not prepared correctly tonight and was almost all cake.

Welcome Aboard Show: The welcome aboard show was held at 7:30pm in the Encore Theatre. There were very few empty seats and I managed to get one at the very back. I arrived about 20 minutes prior to the show. The show started with the dancers and singers. This welcome aboard show has been around for a long time and was just as good as always. I was impressed with the lead singers and the showband. The singers did a great job and the showband had only about 6-7 members and played very strong.

Day 2 - At Sea

Breakfast in The Gathering:

Today was my first breakfast onboard the Carnival Dream. Breakfast was scheduled to start in The Gathering (lido buffet) at 7:30am. Continental breakfast (pastries, juices, and fruits) opened at 6:30am. The breakfast buffet lines opened earlier than their scheduled times. One of my favorite dishes to eat at breakfast on a cruise ship is an omelet. Most other Carnival ships have omelet stations that are a part of the breakfast buffet lines, but the Carnival Dream had omelet stations that were separate from the breakfast buffet lines. There are omelet stations where the Burrito Bar and Mongolian Wok are located. The breakfast buffet lines moved very quickly, even though the lines appeared long. The crew members were very good about restocking food that was running low. The bacon was served from behind the buffet counter in order to prevent food waste. The server will give you as much bacon as you would like, but they start by giving you two pieces and you must then request more. After eating my food from the general breakfast buffet line, I got into the omelet station line. This was about a 15-20 minute wait, but it was worth it for an omelet. The omelet was very good and had all of the toppings available on it. Overall, the food at breakfast was very good and a great way to start the day.

Brunch was also being served in the Scarlett Dining Room from 8:30am - 1:00pm. I never attended the brunch and therefore I cannot review this aspect of the cruise. After breakfast, I walked around the ship to look at the very blue water. The water is colored very different when compared to the Mississippi River or any Texas beaches.

Morning Activities at Sam's Piano Bar:

At 9:30am was an activity called "Win, Lose, or Draw". This game was a team game where a team's person would go up and get a card with something written on it. Then the person would have to draw pictures that would help their team guess what the word(s) on their card are. The team of the person would only have a limited amount of seconds to guess. If that team didn't get the correct answer the other team would get a chance to steal. This game was a lot of fun, but some of the words to draw can be hard.

After "Win, Lose, or Draw" was Charades at Sam's Piano Bar. This took place at 10:00am.This game was also a team game where a team's player would be given a card and they would have to act out their card to their team. Their team would have to guess what was on their card. If they didn't get it, the other teams would have a chance to steal for the points.

BBQ On The Lanai:

Before the cruise started I learned that BBQ is served on the Dream's Lanai on sea-days. The BBQ line will open on a sea-day if the weather is nice. This buffet line is completely outside and can be found on Deck 5 at the back on the starboard side of the ship. When the buffet line is closed the line is removed to keep the deck space open.

There are a variety of different choices that were served at the Lanai BBQ. You can find tacos, quesadillas, sliders (mini-hamburgers), and chips & salsa on the Lanai BBQ.

The line for the Lanai BBQ was very long. All of the grilling for the Lanai BBQ is done outside and the smoke typically blew towards the back of the ship. My clothes smelt like BBQ after I waited in line because the smoke was blowing directly on me and everybody else that was waiting.

Do you know if it is standard policy for shore excursions to get turned around for people that were late?

Enjoyed the Freeport review, but I would have to get turned around twice for late people. Thanks!

I don't think this is standard procedure or at least I sure hope it is not.

I don't quite understand your last part unless you are left off the word "mad".

Lunch: The crew members in the lido buffet were extremely friendly. I was one of the first guests to enter the buffet and every crew member greeted me. I had to walk to the back part of the buffet because I was going to eat the Pasta Bar for lunch. Before I cruised, I read that this area of the ship gets crowded once people know it exists. I will share my lunch photos and review of the lunch further down in this review.

THANK YOU to all on Cruise Critic that helped me learn about the Pasta Bar!

Carnival Dream's Pasta Bar: The Carnival Dream's Pasta Bar is located on the upper floor of The Gathering on Deck 11. There is a one way stairwell by the mid-ship dessert station that is only for guests wanting to go from Deck 11 to Deck 10. To go up to the Pasta Bar go to the Deck 10 aft stairwell/elevator area and go up one deck to Deck 11. The entrance is on the port side of the ship. There is a hostess deck that guests can grab an order form. The order forms have little boxes that can be checked if you want a particular item in your pasta bowl. Caesar salad and garlic bread is also available on the order form.

The order process was very easy for the Pasta Bar and when I was done making my selection a hostess brought it to the kitchen. The food took no longer than 10 minutes to prepare. Each person is given a number to display on their table. When the food is ready a hostess brings the food to the person with that number. My pasta bar dish was not good, but only because I didn't make a good selection. I had samples of other family member's pastas and they had really good dishes prepared for them. The garlic bread was very good and the Caesar Salad was good, but could have used more dressing. Each table on the upper floor with the Pasta bar has a small bowl of grated Parmesan cheese.

Is there a bar up at the Pasta Bar where you can have a drink while you're waiting on your food?