To potty train or not, that's the question.

Gone2Beach

Good morning all! Well we are back from our trip (obviously mid September :) The little guy is still in diapers and was on the trip. Being on the Oasis, he did get to use the "special pool" for kiddos. He loved it!

We are taking it slow. Potty is available 24/7. He is getting excited about using the potty, so maybe soon?

We are going on the Explorer of the Seas in December. Maybe by then?

Honestly, it was quite easy with the diapers on the cruise. The public bathrooms there are kinda scary.

(On a side note, our balcony was huge, so he got to play around nekkid and eat breakfast nekkid. He DID use the cabins potty a few times and LOVED flushing!) the loud noise made him laugh!) go figure :)

Which August cruise on Oasis were you on? We were on the Aug 16 - 23rd Western. I thought the public bathrooms on Oasis were good. My son liked using the urinals in them (almost all had a lowered one for kids). Only a few occasions was it messy in the public bathrooms. My son had to get real close to the urinal so I would take a paper towel wet it and put some of the soap on it and wipe the urinal area before he used it. It seemed to work and I never had to touch it.

At least half the time we used a public bathroom on Oasis we saw someone in the process of cleaning it. Yes a few times we got in there and it was a little dirty but you do the paper towel soap wipe and it worked for us (Yes, I agree doing that is gross but if you have a young child you've seen worse).

Which August cruise on Oasis were you on? We were on the Aug 16 - 23rd Western. I thought the public bathrooms on Oasis were good. My son liked using the urinals in them (almost all had a lowered one for kids). Only a few occasions was it messy in the public bathrooms. My son had to get real close to the urinal so I would take a paper towel wet it and put some of the soap on it and wipe the urinal area before he used it. It seemed to work and I never had to touch it.

At least half the time we used a public bathroom on Oasis we saw someone in the process of cleaning it. Yes a few times we got in there and it was a little dirty but you do the paper towel soap wipe and it worked for us (Yes, I agree doing that is gross but if you have a young child you've seen worse).

-------

We were the week before you :)

I agree. VERY CLEAN bathrooms. Scary for me though, single Mom with a son, no urinals in ladies room :(

-------

We were the week before you :)

I agree. VERY CLEAN bathrooms. Scary for me though, single Mom with a son, no urinals in ladies room :(

Ahh I understand. Yeah I swear if my son had to use the potty and she didn't want to take him she would say to our son would you like to use the urinal, and he wanting to be a big boy of course said yes. So I had to take him often...lol

Ahh I understand. Yeah I swear if my son had to use the potty and she didn't want to take him she would say to our son would you like to use the urinal, and he wanting to be a big boy of course said yes. So I had to take him often...lol

--

Haha! Maybe I'll use that excuse with his Grandpa or my nephews!

Amy :)

Ha! Yeah, my son is no longer interested as well. My daughter started crawling about a month and a half ago. Apparently, he didn't like the attention that she was getting, so he stopped asking to go. We haven't pushed him to pursue it. He's definitely our stubborn one, so it'll be pointless, lol. Glad everything worked out for your trip!

• 2 weeks later...

It never hurts to start trying, maybe he'll be ready :)

Our dd was 2.5 on our Oasis cruise, she was not potty trained, like not even close:( But she had a great time in the baby splash zone where she was allowed to wear swimmies. I brought a small watering can and some cups for her to play with, she loved it. There was also so much to occupy her outside of the water on that ship, it was a great time!

Whatever happens, you will still have a great time!:)