cocoa beach hotels

Jt4428

I'm looking for some recommendations for places to stay in Cocoa Beach before our cruise.

Country Inn & Suites, Residence Inn, and Radisson are closest to the cruise port. We've also stayed at the Marriott Courtyard which is closer to Cocoa Beach pier and it was fine too.

Try looking at tripadvisor and it will list by rating the hotels in Cocoa Beach. You can check out the various websites and see what is best amenity wise and what fits your budget,

If you are flying in the day before Courtyard and Comfort inn offer fly,snooze,cruise packages.

Last year we stayed at the LaQuinta right on the beach. It's not a five star luxury place and probably not even up to par with most other LaQuintas...but it was clean and the staff was very friendly. It has a nice pool with lots of shade around it and is located right next to the Coco Beach Pier. The rate was very reasonable as well. We stayed for two nights before our departure last year and it's a very short drive to the port as well. I'd definitely go back there. For us as long as it's clean and a quiet place to sleep we're rarely in the room that much anyway. Check it out. It gets pretty good reviews on Trip Advisor.

We booked the fly, snooze, cruise pkg at Marriott Courtyard. It looks like it was pretty far away from the Cocoa Beach Pier. We also booked a back up hotel closer to the pier in case we rent a car. If anyone knows for sure how close the Mariott is to the pier I would greatly appreciate knowing, then we would just stay there.

I'm looking for some recommendations for places to stay in Cocoa Beach before our cruise.

We have stayed at the Best Western by the pier which was nice to be beach side. We have more recently stayed at the Radisson at the port and loved it. They have a great park and cruise package and great customer service.

Is the Residence Inn that you all have recommended in Melbourne? I just want to see if I'm looking up the right hotel. How far is it from the port?

thx

The one we use near the port is at 8959 Astronaut Blvd, Cape Canaveral, FL 32920.

I've found that if it is totally booked, it will not show up using the seach on Marriott's website.

Edited by clarea

The courtyard Marriott and Hampton Inn are feet from the beach and a couple of miles from the Cocoa beach pier.

The Radisson, Country Inn & Suites and Residence Inn are closest

to the ships but off the beaten path.

Burger king, Mcdonalds and a Racetrack gas station are

within walking distance.

The beach is a mile away.

Hampton Inn, Courtyard Marriott, Comfort Inn, Four points Sheraton,

Days Inn, Best Western, Laquinta Oceanfront and Holiday Inn

express are all 1 block from beach and 3-4 miles from the ships.

Also the above hotels are also within walking distance to all

the restaurants, drugstores, supermarkets etc.

It really depends on what you're looking for. We stayed at the Days Inn Cocoa Beach on Atlantic Ave. Nothing fancy, but we didn't need fancy! If you have a rental car, this is a great option!

We had a 2nd floor room with a balcony. There aren't elevators, but it was only one floor up, so no big deal. The room was fine: All we needed were 2 beds and a bathroom. Nothing fancy, but it was clean and quiet.

On Saturday night and Sunday morning we walked to the beach. The hotel is right next to the pier. The kids played in the water and collected shells.

Breakfast was basic, but fine. Checkout was quick and easy. Price was reasonable. Staff was super nice!

The location was perfect. 1. Right by the pier 2. A Circle K is on the way to the port to to get a soda and gas up before returning rental car . 3. Close to the rental car agencies. 4. Lots of fast food nearby for a quick bite. 5. Very close to Port Canaveral for a cruise departure.

This was a great place to crash before a cruise.

jcaz14

If you don't mind me asking, what rental car agency did you use? How easy and timely was your drop off? Do the shuttles to the port really run every 20-30 minutes?

Did you use a rental car upon your return to the port as well? How does that work?

I had a very good experience at Comfort Inn Cocoa Beach (as a solo), through their "fly, snooze, & cruise" package in particular. It includes all three shuttles: MCO to hotel, hotel to ship, and ship to MCO. The cost is $149 for a solo, and $199 for a couple. No clue on parking rates.

The hotel was spacious, comfortable, and safe. Except their bar: it's open to the public, and I found its clientele sketchy-looking. The rest of it is great, though. There are free internet computers in the lobby (pretty fast ones too), which I used to check my roll call on Cruise Critic.

There are plenty of restaurants and shops within waking distance: Winn-Dixie, CVS, Walgreens, IHOP, Waffle House, Ron Jon's Surf Shop, and a lot more. It's safe to walk around outside until 11:00 PM or so, which I did. Just realize that some parts of Atlantic Avenue don't have streetlights.

jcaz14

If you don't mind me asking, what rental car agency did you use? How easy and timely was your drop off? Do the shuttles to the port really run every 20-30 minutes?

Did you use a rental car upon your return to the port as well? How does that work?

Hi Nadersmom-

We used Avis. The drop off was so simple. Avis is just up Atlantic Ave from the hotel. First, we stopped for gas and beverages at Circle K, then Avis is just across the street. We waited for a shuttle for about 10 minutes and we were on our way. We considered having my husband drop the kids, luggage and me at the port then go back to drop off the car, but we wanted to stay together and it was perfect. I loved the excitement of the first view of the ship! I was glad to just take pictures and not have to be the co-pilot. The driver dropped us right off at Freedom of the Seas. Piece of cake. We were on the ship by noon.

Now, when we returned to port, it wasn't as great. Not bad, just not as great. Where the shuttle picks you up is at the far end of the shuttle area, so you have to walk a bit. This time, we waited for 30-40 minutes. We wondered if anyone was ever going to come. Finally! PS: there's nowhere to sit. When we got to Avis lot, we waited again. We had reserved a full size car, but they didn't have any, so it was our choice of a SUV or a mini van. Both upgrades, but not necessarily what we wanted. My husband chose the SUV, but it was a land yacht that ate a lot of gas. All in all, it worked out fine, but I'm glad we weren't in a hurry.

Would I recommend them? Sure, but bring some patience. We got a good deal, so I'd use them again.

Hope that helps!

Thanks so much for the reply. That was what I was curious about....how long we'd have to wait after the cruise as well as how far we'd have to walk. We usually do self assist even though we each have a checked bag and a carryon. We'll be in no big hurry as our flight home at MCO isn't until 4 pm. But DH may not have the patience to sit (or stand, based on what you're saying) for 30 -40 minutes waiting for a shuttle.

I'm thinking of taking a cab to the port instead of the shuttle when we drop off rental before the cruise so we don't have to wait. (We want to get on board as soon as we can so we can pick the cabana we want at HMC.) But post cruise we can take our time I suppose.

I've found a fairly good price with Budget but when I try to contact them about the post cruise shuttle process works, i.e. where the shuttle pickup is, how often they come, ect. I can't get to anyone who can tell me. I automatically get switched to the main booking office that tells me they will explain it later. :rolleyes:

For whatever it's worth- I've booked Budget for our next cruise out of Miami. I had questions similar to yours and just emailed them through their website. Within a day or two, someone replied.

Good luck!