Future of full transit Panama Canal Cruises on NCL ???

calex

The time factor is exactly why I booked this option for November 2015 on the Pearl. Looking forward to the view from my aft balcony! :D

We did this cruise in 1/2010 in an aft on the Star and had Cunard's Queen Victoria behind us all the way through the locks. You won't be disappointed.

NCL has made a three year commitment to homeport the Getaway in Miami, so I don't think you will see that ship altered to use Panama in the near future.

No alteration are required. The davits were designed to fold inwards. Crew are capable of unbolting the units themselves while onboard.

It would also need to use the new locks.

Still doesn't necessarily mean those bigger ships can transit the Canal. Getting under the Bridge of the Americas is another limiting factor. I think the height limit for ships above the water line ("air draft") is 190 feet (but up to 205 feet in special circumstances).

Still doesn't necessarily mean those bigger ships can transit the Canal. Getting under the Bridge of the Americas is another limiting factor. I think the height limit for ships above the water line ("air draft") is 190 feet (but up to 205 feet in special circumstances).

Air draft for Breakaway and Getaway is around 179 ft. Clearance under Bridge of the Americas is not an issue.

• 3 months later...