Camp Carnival question

mighty13

Leaving on July 19 on the Carnival Glory with my 3 kids ages 5,7,9. Does anyone know if my 5 year old who will be 6 in October will have the chance to stay with her 7 year old sister in Camp Carnival? Would like some real world experiences on this.

Leaving on July 19 on the Carnival Glory with my 3 kids ages 5,7,9. Does anyone know if my 5 year old who will be 6 in October will have the chance to stay with her 7 year old sister in Camp Carnival? Would like some real world experiences on this.

I just asked this question a few hours ago and they tell me that they are very strick with the age groups, so my son and daughter will have to be in different groups.

Edited by stang5302

I just asked this question a few hours ago and they tell me that they are very strick with the age groups, so my son and daughter will have to be in different groups.

Thanks....didnt see your post so I apologize.

I can tell you that when we sailed with our kids, our youngest daughter was 5 and our next oldest. We had 2 kids in the 6-9 group, and then our little one was with the 2-5 group. She was going to be 6 in a few months. She was NOT happy, mainly because this particular cruise had a lot of little ones and very few 5 year olds. The people running camp carnival were very strict about the age limits, however, they did allow my six year old to go into the 2-5 year group to play with her sister. I was pleased with that accommodation.

This was our first camp carnival experience and I was worried we would never get the 5 year old back into camp, but she did go again on our 7 day on the glory by herself and did great. I think it's just a dice roll depending on how many kids are there, etc as to their experience.

Your youngest may be fine in the younger group without siblings, but if not, they will probably allow the older one to move down.

I had a similar situation but it worked out. There were lots of "free time" where they were allowed to play together and other events where I found they ended up doing things together even though technically they were in different age groups. What I thought was going to be a big problem turned out not to be. They each ended up making friends in their groups for the other times.:)