Victory 6/19-23/14 review.

marquaveous

First review here but I felt I needed to do one. This was for my 17th anniversary with my wife, no kids this trip. This was our 3rd overall cruise, all with Carnival. We flew into Miami from Atlanta the 18th and stayed at the Embassy Suites by the airport. Purchased the cruise package that included transfer to the port and if we stayed after the cruise a transfer back to the hotel as well as airport shuttle. Anyhoo, we took the 10:30 shuttle to the port, quick ride in an air conditioned van. Unloaded, checked our bags and checked in by 11:15. Glad we got to the port early because the terminal got pretty busy around noon. We boarded around 12:30 or so and went to the lobby bar, a common theme throughout the cruise. Had a couple drinks, then used the kiosk to setup the sail and sign acct., then found our room to offload our carryons. We were in 7416, aft premium balcony. Awesome room though the bathroom seemed smaller that the previous two cruises. After we had lunch we went to the spa for the tour and raffle. I won a $100 spa credit later when the raffle was held. We suffered through the sweaty safety drill, then we began to leave Miami a bit later than 4:00. We left in a heavy thunderstorm, the only rain on the trip. We ate in the lido restaurant all but night 2(elegant night) and found the lines to be slow moving and long. The Chinese restaurant was decent, though it was tucked into the side of one of the two main corridors around the buffet, the other side was the sandwich shop which we didn't use due to lines. All in all the food wasn't the quality it had been the past 2 cruises (sensation 07, legend 10) but it wasn't bad by any stretch. The pizza was pretty good too. I think we visited every bar many times finding our favorite to be the caspian wine bar for the martinis. Disembarking in Key West and Cozumel went smoothly. We did the Isla Pasion excursion in Cozumel and enjoyed the island. The drinks (included) were watered down and the traditional mexican buffet had spaghetti on it. I asked about that and was told that it was supposed to be kid friendly food. What about tacos? The fish, chicken and other items were good. It was a good time. In Key West we went around town with my Aunt who lives there. Visited the first legal rum distillery in Key West, sampled some rum and got a tour. Wound up buying a bottle of Vanilla brûlée rum, and getting the distiller to sign the bottle. My wife found a bottle of key lime wine at a little wine shop. We, of course, had to check the beverages upon returning to the ship. I signed the log sheet and was given a sheet that explains when they'd be returned. Ha. Last night of the cruise, we're packing up and what not and I realized our booze hadn't been delivered. I called guest services and was told they'd check with housekeeping. Common theme setting up. Morning comes still nothing, no call back or anything. I call again and am promoted to go to the night club to retrieve any misplaced alcohol and other items. Nothing there, and I'm sent to guest services. I'm not a bit happy by this point . The girl at guest services tells me she's going to check with housekeeping and would get back with me. After a little bit, I stand back in line, get the same girl thankfully and she remembered me. I produced receipts and my sheet I was given upon checking the items. Our sail and sign account was credited what we spent on the items. I was not a happy camper, but at least there was an end to the nonsense. In Miami we did the Everglades excursion because we had a later flight out and didn't want to sit at the airport all day. The excursion was again well put together and fun. For Carnival's perceived faults the sure do the excursion game well.

Overall, Victory was a good ship. Bigger than the previous two we had been on. She definitely needs some TLC as there was rust and worn boards everywhere. There were many bottlenecks in busy areas on the lido deck. Not sure what the designer was thinking. With the exception of the losing of the liquor we had a good time and will probably cruise again with Carnival.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks for your review. What a bummer about the misplaced alcohol, especially since it was a special brew. Regardless of being compensated for it, it should not happen. Thanks again for your review.

Do you know what the Dive in movies were??? Leaving in 2 days and love to know what's playing... Also if your platinum I'd love to know what the platinum gift was....thx

I wish there was a cold drink in my hand and warm sand in my feet... But instead I'm post here...