Questions your bridal party & wedding.

Hello I have a few questions for precious and upcoming brides.

Did you or are you thinking of having your bridal party (MOH BM Bridesmaids and Groomsmen) get dressed before boarding or after you boarded the ship in separate rooms with the bride and groom?

How did you feel about having your hair and make up done before boarding? I personally have a lot of hair long and soft curl thick hair and if I don't do my hair before I'll probably have an anxiety attack before because on my own it takes me about 2 hours to dry and curl my hair with a iron so imagine a wedding due :-/. I'm asking this because hair and make up really do make an impression on people and since your boarding with everyone, including your groom, your pretty much half dolled up.

Did you do your make up before boarding or going to do while in the room?

I plan on having my bridal party wear attire saying team bride and team group etc. did you do this or plan on it?

I'm very much a control freak and I am making a wedding binder with pretty much everything besides my dress incase my groom stumbles into my binder. So I'm very worried of assigning people to do things.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Hello I have a few questions for precious and upcoming brides.

1. Did you or are you thinking of having your bridal party (MOH BM Bridesmaids and Groomsmen) get dressed before boarding or after you boarded the ship in separate rooms with the bride and groom?

2. How did you feel about having your hair and make up done before boarding? I personally have a lot of hair long and soft curl thick hair and if I don't do my hair before I'll probably have an anxiety attack before because on my own it takes me about 2 hours to dry and curl my hair with a iron so imagine a wedding due :-/. I'm asking this because hair and make up really do make an impression on people and since your boarding with everyone, including your groom, your pretty much half dolled up.

3. Did you do your make up before boarding or going to do while in the room?

4. I plan on having my bridal party wear attire saying team bride and team group etc. did you do this or plan on it?

I'm very much a control freak and I am making a wedding binder with pretty much everything besides my dress incase my groom stumbles into my binder. So I'm very worried of assigning people to do things.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

1. We don't have an actual wedding party. Everyone will be dressed before boarding except for me.

2. I am going to have my hair done and possibly part of my make up started before boarding. Mainly as a time thing to make sure I have plenty of time to be ready. If you choose to use a hair/make up person they can come to your hotel before boarding and get you ready.

3. I am going to do my make up in the room. Again, because it is just me and I am doing it all myself, I want plenty of time.

4. I plan to have a Bride shirt for myself to wear

I have a binder as well. I will have it with me on my wedding day because all of my documentation about what we have planned and photo pricing etc is right there in case there is any question.

I am 30 days out so I can only tell you what we have planned.

1. Right now the girls (our two grown daughters are my MOHs) will be dressed when they arrive at the ship so that they can take care of entertaining the family and setting up any last minute stuff, plus there is a short rehearsal without the bride, but I'll know more after our tour next weekend. We have two staterooms available for us when we board, so the boys will have their own room to get ready in and will have on their slacks but not shirts and ties, since we are doing the Lido deck buffet and our sons-in-law will both manage to spill on their shirts and/or ties.

2. My hair is being done by a guest and will be done before arriving at the ship. My makeup is being done by our minister (yes, we are an interesting group) and the timing of that is still up in the air....again because of the rehearsal thing.

3. I am hoping to have bridal party shirts made, but mostly for dinner the night before the wedding as most of our guests will be staying in a hotel the night before the wedding since we are all traveling several hours. I will probably wear something "bridal" to the ship...although I am an older bride and it's not that big of a deal to me....this is clearly my second wedding (I was much more controlling in my first one....and see how that worked out?)

4. I have a binder as well, I'm a teacher....teachers love binders! But it is the smart thing to do to have all contracts and everything you need at your fingertips.

I had a wedding party, everyone came dressed on board, including the groom. The only one who wasn't dressed was me. My hair and makeup was done before we boarded.

I would def recommend having your hair, makeup etc. done before you board if you are an embarkation day bride. There is not enough time to get dressed, and hair and makeup done before the wedding. I aslo would not reccommend having your bridal party get dressed on board. The rooms are small and there is not enough space for everyone to put on formal attire.

I had a wedding party, everyone came dressed on board, including the groom. The only one who wasn't dressed was me. My hair and makeup was done before we boarded.

I would def recommend having your hair, makeup etc. done before you board if you are an embarkation day bride. There is not enough time to get dressed, and hair and makeup done before the wedding. I aslo would not reccommend having your bridal party get dressed on board. The rooms are small and there is not enough space for everyone to put on formal attire.

That's true the rooms are pretty small but I got the aft balcony wouldn't my room be bigger than the interior or we won't get our actual room?

That's true the rooms are pretty small but I got the aft balcony wouldn't my room be bigger than the interior or we won't get our actual room?

You should get your actual room. However I can tell you that we had an aft balcony on the last cruise I took and with my mother and I both getting ready each day, it was still not that large.

You should get your actual room. However I can tell you that we had an aft balcony on the last cruise I took and with my mother and I both getting ready each day, it was still not that large.

Okay, I will than suggest everyone get ready before.

We had wedding party get dressed on the ship. But, we also planned ahead on this and we had a suite and grooms parents had a suite, so we used those two rooms to get ready in (one for bride, one for groom). Even then, it was kind of tight and crazy once you had me, my mom, 3 bridesmaids, flower girl, and the photographer. It could get very tight in a smaller room.

We also only had about 15 minutes to get dressed. I had a corset back dress, so that took most of the time we had. I would not have had any time to do hair or makeup on board. And they keep everything on a pretty tight schedule. We would have had about 1/2 hour except we wanted to grab some food real quick at buffet because I was worried I'd be too busy to eat at reception (which I was). So, you may want to plan to do makeup & hair ahead of time if you don't want to worry about being rushed. Also, once photographer showed up, she kept wanting to get me to do some posed photos which was frustrating when I was trying to rush and get ready on time, so that also took some of the precious little time we had. I would definitely recommend having both hair & makeup 100% done beforehand and maybe just do some quick touchups on board. I decided that letting everyone see hair & makeup ahead of time wasn't that big a deal, since they still didn't get to see the whole package. And I still got the stunned look I hoped for from groom as I walked into the ceremony, even though he had already seen hair & makeup completed while boarding. They can try to accommodate boarding you separately if you really want to do hair & makeup ahead of time without groom or anyone else seeing it, but it makes things more complicated for boarding. I had the hair & makeup stylists come to my hotel early in the morning and they did a good job of making it last throughout the day.

I also had a wedding binder with all of our information, selections, contracts, photos of cake, etc. The wedding coordinator had all of it in her hands already when I met her at the port (from when we had submitted everything to cruise line). I handed her all our wedding decorations (polaroid guest book, photos of both our parents weddings) and cake decorations (ribbon & flowers for cake topper/decoration). Our coordinator, Jill, was awesome and immediately made me feel confident in her abilities. From the second we got to port, it was obvious that she knew what she was doing, had everything under control and I didn't need to worry about anything. Everything was set up perfectly at the reception. My attempt at a flower cake topper didn't work well, so I just brought a bunch of flower petals and they put them on the cake beautifully. With as detail oriented and controlling as I can be, it was great to be able to let go of all that and trust them so I could enjoy being in the moment... I wasn't sure I'd be able to do that, but they made it easy to do. There were a few minor slip ups, but nothing disastrous and Jill handled most of them quickly.

_OJ_6629.jpg.5c22ef58a7b374a66ff69c52404819f4.jpg

_OJ_6628.jpg.344b7425c1d629e35bd9ccda38675739.jpg

We had wedding party get dressed on the ship. But, we also planned ahead on this and we had a suite and grooms parents had a suite, so we used those two rooms to get ready in (one for bride, one for groom). Even then, it was kind of tight and crazy once you had me, my mom, 3 bridesmaids, flower girl, and the photographer. It could get very tight in a smaller room.

We also only had about 15 minutes to get dressed. I had a corset back dress, so that took most of the time we had. I would not have had any time to do hair or makeup on board. And they keep everything on a pretty tight schedule. We would have had about 1/2 hour except we wanted to grab some food real quick at buffet because I was worried I'd be too busy to eat at reception (which I was). So, you may want to plan to do makeup & hair ahead of time if you don't want to worry about being rushed. Also, once photographer showed up, she kept wanting to get me to do some posed photos which was frustrating when I was trying to rush and get ready on time, so that also took some of the precious little time we had. I would definitely recommend having both hair & makeup 100% done beforehand and maybe just do some quick touchups on board. I decided that letting everyone see hair & makeup ahead of time wasn't that big a deal, since they still didn't get to see the whole package. And I still got the stunned look I hoped for from groom as I walked into the ceremony, even though he had already seen hair & makeup completed while boarding. They can try to accommodate boarding you separately if you really want to do hair & makeup ahead of time without groom or anyone else seeing it, but it makes things more complicated for boarding. I had the hair & makeup stylists come to my hotel early in the morning and they did a good job of making it last throughout the day.

I also had a wedding binder with all of our information, selections, contracts, photos of cake, etc. The wedding coordinator had all of it in her hands already when I met her at the port (from when we had submitted everything to cruise line). I handed her all our wedding decorations (polaroid guest book, photos of both our parents weddings) and cake decorations (ribbon & flowers for cake topper/decoration). Our coordinator, Jill, was awesome and immediately made me feel confident in her abilities. From the second we got to port, it was obvious that she knew what she was doing, had everything under control and I didn't need to worry about anything. Everything was set up perfectly at the reception. My attempt at a flower cake topper didn't work well, so I just brought a bunch of flower petals and they put them on the cake beautifully. With as detail oriented and controlling as I can be, it was great to be able to let go of all that and trust them so I could enjoy being in the moment... I wasn't sure I'd be able to do that, but they made it easy to do. There were a few minor slip ups, but nothing disastrous and Jill handled most of them quickly.

everything looks so pretty, I can't wait to tour the ship, and I will be assigning my family different tasks through the wedding like someone taking pictures and to set up the table and place things up for me like table banner and favors.

everything looks so pretty, I can't wait to tour the ship, and I will be assigning my family different tasks through the wedding like someone taking pictures and to set up the table and place things up for me like table banner and favors.

Be careful that you aren't assigning so many tasks that your guests aren't able to enjoy the wedding & reception. You invited them as guests, not as vendors. And for things assigned to do at the reception (like photos), those tasks can sometimes get forgotten as they do start socializing and enjoying the party. That is why the ship provides wedding coordinators and photographers. My brother & sister-in-law did take a lot of pictures and video of the ceremony & reception, which I greatly appreciated, but there are several things they didn't catch on camera because they were participating in the festivities and enjoying the event. As far as decorations, my wedding coordinator & wedding hostess did an amazing job without any instruction from me. I just handed them a suitcase full of stuff and they set it up wonderfully. You could also have them do the set up and just provide written instructions or sketches of what you want. Although, since this is before the wedding, it may not be too bad to have a family member help set it all up either, as it wouldn't cause them to miss out on the event... although it may mean they miss lunch and there may not be time for both.

I would advise trying to do as much as possible before you get on the ship, both to save time and to allow everyone to relax and enjoy themselves without worrying that something isn't going to work out right. Your day will be amazing!

• 2 weeks later...

After touring the ship last weekend and seeing how it all works and the set up of everything (our staterooms are just one floor down and very near our venue) we have decided that the girls (our two adult daughters) will arrive with everything except their dresses on (no chance of spilling lunch on their dresses) and the boys will wear their slacks but not their shirts and ties (again, so they won't spill) we have purchased the Lido Deck buffet for our guests so there will be eating before the wedding and we don't want random spots on the bridal party. The girls and I will get dressed in one room and the boys will get dressed in another. My hair will be done before I get there and I still haven't decided about make up. I believe there will be plenty of time and if it looks like we will board too late to do my make up, since our minister is doubling as my make up person, she can always do my make up while we are waiting to embark.

Be careful that you aren't assigning so many tasks that your guests aren't able to enjoy the wedding & reception. You invited them as guests, not as vendors. And for things assigned to do at the reception (like photos), those tasks can sometimes get forgotten as they do start socializing and enjoying the party. That is why the ship provides wedding coordinators and photographers. My brother & sister-in-law did take a lot of pictures and video of the ceremony & reception, which I greatly appreciated, but there are several things they didn't catch on camera because they were participating in the festivities and enjoying the event. As far as decorations, my wedding coordinator & wedding hostess did an amazing job without any instruction from me. I just handed them a suitcase full of stuff and they set it up wonderfully. You could also have them do the set up and just provide written instructions or sketches of what you want. Although, since this is before the wedding, it may not be too bad to have a family member help set it all up either, as it wouldn't cause them to miss out on the event... although it may mean they miss lunch and there may not be time for both.

Yeah I agree with this, one I've seen that works is having a camera on each table for people to take photos it gets a different outlook at things than what the photographers do plus is good back up

One wedding I did, most if the photographers photos got corrupted so backup is good

Like the partial dressing before wedding so clothes don't get ruined at dinner

Sent from my iPhone using Forums