RCCL copies NCL on new ship

HokiePoq

Royal Caribbean has had anytime dining for eons now. Also, they have been doing production shows for years! Mamma Mia was fabulous. I'd love to see it on a ship.

I know that other lines have anytime dining to all those who assumed I had no idea that any line other than NCL did that. It works better on some ships than others.

The point was that the selling points for this ship in this promotional email were common NCL traits. We do the anytime thing when we sail other lines.

Innovative thinking is a hallmark of RCI so this new dining concept is just another example of that style of thinking. How successful it will be has yet to be determined, but the likelihood of it being rolled out across the rest of the fleet is highly unlikely given the physical layout of those ships which would require extensive and very expensive restructuring. RCI has spent and is continuing to spend millions to refurbish its fleet of ships and is unlikely to spend the additional millions that would be required to replace the main dining room with more specialty restaurants. However, I want to experience Dynamic Dining before I decide whether or not I like it. If I do like it, I might have no problem with it being introduced across the fleet, though as I said, such a move is highly unlikely. If I don't like it, the time and cost factors involved in converting the other ships would offer some years to enjoy the traditional main dining rooms. Of course, the dining experience is only one of a number of factors involved when I decide which line I prefer, so it is unlikely that it would be a reason to change from a line that offers me a great cruise experience. My past experiences with freestyle dining on NCL have not been especially satisfactory, so I will be looking forward to my upcoming cruise on Dawn to see if some of the problems we experienced have been eliminated.

Ditto re my past experiences with Traditional Dining and MTD. Not my cup of tea, which is why Dynamic Dining caught my attention. Will stayed tuned for the reviews.