Clothing on October Adriatic & Italy from Venice

TxCougar

Hello All,

We are booked on the October Adriatic & Italy from Venice Cruise and would appreciate some advice.

We are attempting to use the "Capsule Clothing" method for multiple reasons which include a disabled veteran navigating cobbled streets and several plane changes.

We are used to Texas weather and see that most of the ports will average around sixty degree weather during that time of year. In Texas, we are used to dealing with winds and humidity....so we are trying to figure out whether we will use short sleeves or long sleeves more (with light jackets available).

Any advice is appreciated.

I spent a few weeks in Croatia on the Adriatic in September and I wore shorts and skirts. I think if you do short sleeves and light jackets you will be fine. I'm from the Midwest and found the temps warmer there than I would have had at home.

Swimming was lovely! It might be cool in the Dining Rooms so sleeves might be needed there as well as jackets on deck at night. I hope you have a wonderful time, October is a really wonderful time to travel.

Layers are the best answer. The northern end of the Adriatic can be pretty cool at times in October, but as you move south it usually warms up considerably, particularly when you are in the sun. The main issue will be the difference between out in the sun and in the shade. The wind can be chilly when you are not out in the sun and then when you are in the sun you will quickly bake if you have too much on. Hence, we always take several lightweight items such as cotton tops, a jumper and a water/windproof jacket (one that can be pulled inside itself into a small pouch is ideal). Humidity is rarely an issue at that time of year so multiple layers (and a small shopping bag to carry them in when not being worn) work pretty well.