Odor on QM2

DarCrav

The ship is never 100% sold out, there are always cabins held back, thats just good hotel management, if there was a problem in any cabin on day 2 of a crossing , say flooded toilets etc then they have to have some place to for the passenger to stay for the rest of the voyage.

how many they keep back I dont know

I know of several who had cabin changes mid voyage different reasons

Hi Pepperrn,

WOW!!!!

My room was 10013. Next door to your room!!

Why did you get a new room (without asking) and I got a flooded room??

They MUST like you!

I also heard a rumour (from other passengers) that they had 100 empty

rooms. When I checked online the ship only had 1600 passengers.

Why give me a flooded room that had a horrific smell when they could

have easily moved me?? Why did I have to complain 3 times!!

NOW THAT's NOT WHAT I CALL SERVICE!!

Best regards.

Well you have something to show cunard when you phone and complain, id go for big compensation for that

and your right thats not good service at all

The ship is never 100% sold out, there are always cabins held back, thats just good hotel management, if there was a problem in any cabin on day 2 of a crossing , say flooded toilets etc then they have to have some place to for the passenger to stay for the rest of the voyage.

how many they keep back I dont know

I know of several who had cabin changes mid voyage different reasons

No, this is definitely not the case. If it were so the shareholders would react against the management - anywhere in the hospitality industry.

No, this is definitely not the case. If it were so the shareholders would react against the management - anywhere in the hospitality industry.

Ok, you maybe right.

but if you stayed on QM2 and its fully booked out , not a cabin left anywhere and the cabin your are is damaged badly by a fire , (god forbid) where would you stay and sleep, or would they find you a room somehow ?

Hotels often will find you another room or even hotel, but on a ship ? i dont know

a good discussion here maybe

I am a shareholder, so i may ask this question:)

Ok, you maybe right.

but if you stayed on QM2 and its fully booked out , not a cabin left anywhere and the cabin your are is damaged badly by a fire , (god forbid) where would you stay and sleep, or would they find you a room somehow ?

Hotels often will find you another room or even hotel, but on a ship ? i dont know

a good discussion here maybe

I am a shareholder, so i may ask this question:)

Sometimes people do not arrive, depart earlier than expected or sadly pass away. Sometimes rooms are not ready to be let for any smaller defects (every hotel reports this daily in the revenue report). A hotel will find a room at another hotel. If you are a regular guest they may send another guest away and give this room to you.

This will for obviuos reasons not be possible on a cruise ship. So I do assume that some rooms are not let due to repairs or refurbishment or whatever as on a ship there is always some work to be done. Others may be given to partners of crew members and thsy will switch rooms if necessary. Another case was discussed earlier here whe a lady reported that she was asked to move into a smaller room "because she was in her own and would not need that space".

Such situations are always a serious task for the management. Fortunately cruise ships do not overbook. I always overbooked the London hotels in my responsibility by 20% and I do apologize to all who happened to be turned away and sent to another place - but the pressure to fill up by 100% every night was really high.

Sometimes people do not arrive, depart earlier than expected or sadly pass away. Sometimes rooms are not ready to be let for any smaller defects (every hotel reports this daily in the revenue report). A hotel will find a room at another hotel. If you are a regular guest they may send another guest away and give this room to you.

This will for obviuos reasons not be possible on a cruise ship. So I do assume that some rooms are not let due to repairs or refurbishment or whatever as on a ship there is always some work to be done. Others may be given to partners of crew members and thsy will switch rooms if necessary. Another case was discussed earlier here whe a lady reported that she was asked to move into a smaller room "because she was in her own and would not need that space".

Such situations are always a serious task for the management. Fortunately cruise ships do not overbook. I always overbooked the London hotels in my responsibility by 20% and I do apologize to all who happened to be turned away and sent to another place - but the pressure to fill up by 100% every night was really high.

Interesting.

We did get moved once after a late arrival, they did move us to a 5 star hotel which was nice