Transatlantic sailings Autumn/Fall 2015

Hi all,

We did the Adventure OTS TA in April of this year, with my parents having previously done one on the Liberty.

We loved the Caribbean itinerary and are so disappointed that RCI

is offering such a poor range of southern TA's with very limited

(or none) port stops. Does anyone know if this is just a one off

or a sign of things to come? Also for all you frequent cruisers

is there a good time to book a TA- ie. closer to the cruise

sailing date or not? And would you recommend booking it as cruise

only or taking the fly cruise option?

Regarding when to book a transatlantic, our experience has been that it depends on the stateroom type you want. I've seen suites go very fast, and have the lowest cost right when the cruise comes out. On the other hand, I've seen insides go on sale for a very low cost just a few weeks in advance of the cruise.

Regarding when to book a transatlantic, our experience has been that it depends on the stateroom type you want. I've seen suites go very fast, and have the lowest cost right when the cruise comes out. On the other hand, I've seen insides go on sale for a very low cost just a few weeks in advance of the cruise.

Thanks Clarea. I suppose it can end up as long as it is broad- we're just a bit wary of booking too early as after we booked the last one on Adventure the next week Cruise1st were throwing in 3 days in Orlando for the same price. But I suppose you pays your money and take your chances.

It depends a lot on you. If you need/want a specific sailing or cabin book quickly. If you want a suite book quickly. If you are not picky on where you stay on the ship or what class of cabin you have then deals can be found after final payment. Cruises with more European stops and less Caribbean are going to generally be more expensive than ones with more stops in the Caribbean.

We have seen and booked a few TA's last minute and gotten great deals that were not offered to early bookers but we are not picky where on the ship we are or what type of cabin. The only thing you need to watch is the return flights....

Book with a US travel agent and get the opportunity for price drop matches if they occur. You will also get cheaper prices than the UK and perks such as on board credit.

P.S. RCI's Choice Air has always been great for cheap one way flights as well (even though the UK booking staff tell you, you can't use it)

Edited by delirious9876

Donna and Don usually book early to get the cabin we want. We have a B2B on the Serenade that sails NOLA on Apr 11, 2015 and does the Southern Caribbean ports before Boston and then several ports in Europe ending in Copenhagen on May 9. We book early to get the same cabin on both cruises. We like the Westbound TA but are doing the Eastbound this time as we have a cruise booked for the Fall already.

We have seen and booked a few TA's last minute and gotten great deals that were not offered to early bookers but we are not picky where on the ship we are or what type of cabin. The only thing you need to watch is the return flights....

Book with a US travel agent and get the opportunity for price drop matches if they occur. You will also get cheaper prices than the UK and perks such as on board credit.

P.S. RCI's Choice Air has always been great for cheap one way flights as well (even though the UK booking staff tell you, you can't use it)

Thanks everyone- including those I couldn't multi-quote. Yes I suppose it does swing in roundabouts as you take the risk of not getting the stateroom you want for the possibility of a late deal. The tip about using a US travel agent for price match is a great one- thanks! We are looking at doing one of the the Vision OTS TA's- now beginning to lean towards Tampa to Barcelona so we can have a stop in Key West