Correcting a mistake on reservation

I've booked a family cruise and my grandsons will be coming. One of them is William III. His dad is Jr. Well after reviewing the reservation his name comes out as William Iii. I wanted to correct this to avoid any problems. If I go to the reservation website and want to modify, it says remove guest. If I remove him and then add him again with the correct spelling, will my price change. The cabin I booked has gone up over $200.00. Any suggestions as how to handle this.

I've booked a family cruise and my grandsons will be coming. One of them is William III. His dad is Jr. Well after reviewing the reservation his name comes out as William Iii. I wanted to correct this to avoid any problems. If I go to the reservation website and want to modify, it says remove guest. If I remove him and then add him again with the correct spelling, will my price change. The cabin I booked has gone up over $200.00. Any suggestions as how to handle this.

Call Royal and have them do it over the phone. If you do it on the web, one way or another, it will get messed up.

I am a travel agent (noted on my profile)... DO NOT MAKE THIS CHANGE ON YOUR OWN. If you remove the William Iii and add him back as William III, it will be repriced. Call Royal Caribbean and have them make the correction in the system and verify that nothing else changed. I have had to do the same thing for my son and husband as they are the same name Jr. and the III. It is the same thing if the "I" is capital or if it is lower case - I have been told that it does not make a difference, BUT, I have to say, like you, have had it 'corrected' on our reservations more than once when it appears like that. The default settings in the name fields capitalize the first letter and make the following lower case - it was just that the reservation was read in the system as the III being a proper name.

My husband is John L Smith III. On RCI he is John L. Smith Iii.

My son's name is John L. Smith IV. On RCI he is John L. Smith Iv.

Seems like you cannot have III (all caps) or IV.

Been on a number of cruises with them, and that is the only way it can be.

So, do not waste any time on this.

Thanks for the advice. Based on another cruiser do you think it will make a difference if I do nothing. Will my grandson have a problem boarding if I leave the reservation alone, or should I call Royal.

Leave it alone. Do nothing.

Husband and son are the same thing as noted above, and we are about to go on our 6th RCI cruise as John Iii and John Iv.

Now move on to the planning and excitement of cruising with family.;)