carry-on size

We have 2 duffel bags that measure 14 inches wide and 14 inches tall, one for my wife and one for me. Wife is freaking out that they won't fit through scanner because they are over airline restrictions for carry-ons. Has anyone put anything this size or larger through the scanner while boarding? I can't seem to find actual scanner tunnel capacity anywhere,

We have 2 duffel bags that measure 14 inches wide and 14 inches tall, one for my wife and one for me. Wife is freaking out that they won't fit through scanner because they are over airline restrictions for carry-ons. Has anyone put anything this size or larger through the scanner while boarding? I can't seem to find actual scanner tunnel capacity anywhere,

That size should fit through the security scanner.

I am not aware of any measurement maximums for carry on's through the pier security scanners. The airlines generally use those size guidelines to determine if your luggage will need to be checked, as they are for over head storage capacity, not necessarily for fitting through the scanner. Although the scanners are similar at the pier, the size you describe should easily fit through. Otherwise they will just be open them and manually examine them.

Edited by leaveitallbehind