Golf on arrival

ozarko50

Will be arriving July 23 via Celebrity Summit. Scheduled to dock at 8:30 AM. I want to play the Fairmont Turtle Hills course as soon as possible that date. What is the earliest tee time that will give time for disembarking and transportation to the course? Is 9:48 a doable time? thanks for your help

Will be arriving July 23 via Celebrity Summit. Scheduled to dock at 8:30 AM. I want to play the Fairmont Turtle Hills course as soon as possible that date. What is the earliest tee time that will give time for disembarking and transportation to the course? Is 9:48 a doable time? thanks for your help

Hi,

Welcome to Cruise Critic,

USUALLY you can exit the ship about 30 minutes after it has docked.

The first morning is very busy...everyone wants to exit early and hit the beach or ferries. The Summit docks 30 minutes after the Breakaway, so there is already 4000 pax exiting on the dock and forming queue for the taxi and shuttle for the beach.

Transportation from the Dockyard to the Golf course is about 35$ by taxi for up to 4 passengers and will take about 20 or 25 minutes.

Public transportation will cost 4,50$ each, will take about 25 to 30 minutes and will leave you with a long walk...not an option IMO.

So IF you exit the ship at 9am, walk directly to the taxi stand and have NO wait, you COULD be there at 9:40am...I guess you will need time to warm-up, register, get your clubs ( if not traveling with them ), maybe hit a few balls before the start ?

I would make it safe and not start before 10:15am

But that's just me...

Have fun !

Thanks, Sebas -very helpful.

Any golfers want to join me -share taxi, for a 10:20 tee time on July 23?

You WANT to post that on the page of your Roll Call here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1975037

The Roll Call is a thread that ONLY cruisers from the same cruise as you are sharing, discussing about your specific sail date.

You will find information and, surely, opportunities just like the one you are offering.

Have fun and enjoy !

Edited by sebas030