Tampa cab to Airport

bross2410

I'm looking at a 12:25pm departure out of Tampa Airport after a cruise in January 2015. I've never sailed out of Tampa before. Are cabs plentiful? If we get a porter to help us with our bags do we get to use a preferred cab line? Is this the fastest way to the airport? Any other input is appreciated.

Yes, use a porter at the Port of Tampa. They can get you through the customs line much quicker plus take all of your luggage right out to the taxi lane.

We made an 11:35 am flt out of Tampa. We were off the ship and at the airport by 9:15 am. We did, however, have a very low debarkation number due to our flight time so double check that you do as well. If not, then head to guest services and perhaps they can help you out.

The Tampa Bay area is known for some bad fog issues which can delay the ships entering the shipping channel under the Skyway bridge, so keep this in mind as well. It's a really hard thing to predict. We just went with the early flight and everything worked out well. It is really a toss up with Mother Nature.

BTW: The taxi is a flat-rate fare of $25 from the port to TIA.

• 2 years later...

I would tip $5-10, but the amount is up to you.

I would not book either of your first two options and understand that 11:15 is okay as long as everything goes well -- any fog delay (worst from Jan-Mar) and you are out of luck.

Port to TPA is only about 15 minutes by taxi and the airport is not huge/busy, so TSA lines are usually much better than what you will find in either Orlando or Miami.