Adventure of the Seas Questions--Feb 15 Cruise

Hi

This will be our first cruise out of San Juan and on Adventure of the Seas. We've got a couple of questions if someone wouldn't mind answering/giving advice.

1. We are assigned to Cabin M-8377. Has anyone stayed in that cabin or in that vicinity? How is the motion in the ocean for this location?

2. Everyone we read that the cabins have "internet access". Can't find the charge should we want to partake. HOPEFULLY NOT!

3. On the Sunday return to San Juan do you think it would be a safe bet to plan on flying back on a 4:40 PM Southwest flight? We really would prefer not to have to stay an extra night in San Juan if we can avoid it.

THanks for everyone's input. If I posted this in the wrong spot please let me know and I will move it.

I can only help on #3- we are flying for the second time in May on a 12:45 flight out of SJU. We had plenty of time to spare the first time. If you've never flown out of SJU- make sure you go thru the agricultural line before checking bags or going to security! I have heard they have made this a bit more clear, but in 2011- we had to back track.

In 8377 you are near the stern of the ship, and may feel some motion if the seas are not calm. I found that I felt most of the motion was when I was on the Promanade deck in the evening. We stayed about 15 cabins forward from this one, with a balcony.

Internet access is charged by the minute, or multipules of minutes. I believe they have a week long service for around $195. It is not cheap by any means. We spent around $60 last cruise, and think we were on-line for less than 2 hours.

Loads of time for the flight! I would be more worried about the flight into San Juan, for our next trip we are getting in a couple of days early to relax.

Have a hoot on your trip, and join the roll call for your cruise.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

My daughter and I will be travelling on this cruise as well.

In 2013 we initially tried to use the cruise ships computers to send emails home. The connection was very slow and as a result pricey. Because of this at each island port we ventured off the ship and found an internet cafe and sent our emails from there. It was faster and cheaper.

Our return flight leaves at ~3:30pm. I have no worries. In 2013 we ended up at the airport at 10am. This time I am entertaining the thought of going on a city tour on the last day that afterwards will drop off us off at the airport.

Hope this helps,

D