Hors D'eouvres- What to Choose?!?!

OK so We need help.. Reviews & Photos needed!!! Gosh I wish theyd allow tastings to choose!! Food is a BIG deal at weddings yet we're supposed to blindly choose?!?!

Ok so I need to know what everyone thought of ALL the choices including alternatives for Carnival Wedding!!

Hot hordorves

1. Spicey Chicken Drummettes

2. Chicken Brochette

3. Stuffed Mushrooms

4. Lamb Empanadas

5. Spanakopita

6.Bacon Wrapped sweet plaintains

7.brocolli cheese nuggets

8.vegetarian quiches

9.mexican mini tamales

10.chicken balls on fire

11.spring roll samosa

12.chicken nuggets w honeymustard

NEED REVIEWS & PHOTOS PLEASE!!!!! AND IT IT 6 OF EACH OR 5HOT & 6COLD MUST BE PICKED????

Cold

1.Assorted Sushi

2.Roast Beef w Brie Canape

3.Prosciutto w Melon

4.Smoked Salmon w cream cheese canape

5.Turkey Mousse w Cranberries

6.Shrimp Salad on cracker

7.Stuffed Egg Canape

8.Grilled Zucchini w anchovy roll

9.titi shrimp salad

10.ham&heartofpalm

11.spanish cavier w lemon wedge

12.chicken apple salad

13.chicken galantine

14.truffled patte on profiteroles

I decided to reply to you here instead of the Secrets thread. I also found more guest pictures (sorry about the blurriness).

I was able to use your list and the menu I had from when we initially booked to figure out what was what. Food wasn't all that important to us since we got married on a sea day right before dinner and we've never had an issue with Carnival's food. Because we had a vow renewal, they chose for us (and did a marvelous job) and it was one less thing we had to worry about. The chef de cuisine actually supervised our reception which was kind of cool.

CANAPES

Guests tried the canapes, but weren't over the moon about them. I tried the melon and wished I hadn't.

Assorted Sushi

14666477572_480d44b555_z.jpg

Roast Beef with Brie Canape and Stuffed Egg Canape

14480180649_069d5ca26c_z.jpg

Melon and Prosciutto on left. Salmon and Cream Cheese on the right.

14664545634_61f144f43a_z.jpg

Here's the whole canape set-up

14669222632_d6ed24daaa_z.jpg

HOT FOOD

I also found more guest pictures (we didn't buy pro pics of food other than cake)

Spanakopita, Lamb Empanadas and Stuffed Mushrooms

14482873230_fc6f6f3938_z.jpg

We also had the chicken nuggets and brochette. I don't have a picture of those, just the set-up.

14483102067_cd00aa7b3f_z.jpg

There will be a part 2 since CC only lets us post 6 pictures at a time.

Edited by Carnival_Brides

FRUIT

We special requested fruit when we were planning an embarkation wedding. I don't think it's normally provided for the vow renewal ceremonies, but they did it anyway. I think they provide it standard for embarkation weddings. I loved the martini glasses.

Fruit tray and [martini] fruit cups with sugar swizzles

14482925018_f846877b01_z.jpg

CAKE

Our cake was the only food we actually selected. It was marble cake with chocolate filling and vanilla icing. We asked them to forgo the swirly piping because we brought our own ribbon. It was 2 inch ribbon that we found a couple days before sailing at Michaels (Christmas Clearance:-D). The pastry chef took care of applying it for us.

Cake table (our own lace, cake topper, ribbon, and wine flutes) before the photographer got to it.

12127537806_2b72f8e2ba_c.jpg

After the photographer got to it.

8413439134_201434c2d9_c.jpg

Thank You for sharing pictures!! I love all the photos, really helps envision how itll look. I LOVE the fruit in martini cups- I prefer that over the platter.. We for sure want to spanakopita & everything looks delish but will pass on melon pruscuitto. LOL

Any other recommendations!?!?

I actually didn't try anything but the fruit. But the fruit cups look beautiful and tasted just as good. And having several people with sweet tooths, we really loved the swirly sugar things in the fruit cups. The fruit that came standard at my embarkation wedding was pretty much the same as Carnival_Brides shows in pictures.

I did have one person specifically comment that they loved the sushi stuff. And they loved the set up of fruit cups and the veggie cups, but those come standard. And someone said the chicken nuggets were pretty good.

We went with just the standard menu options, rather than try to waste time customizing. Overall we had good reviews from guests on the food, but I didn't really get many comments about any specific item. They just said in general that they were really impressed with selection and quality of the food that was provided.

I'd probably suggest to keep the chicken nuggets, since many of the choices are more extravagant and some people, and kids especially, liked that there was a simpler option that they were familiar with. I know husband and I are very picky eaters and besides fruit & veggies, the chicken nuggets were the only item we would have even considered trying. The alternative menus looked just as scary to us, but we figured that there was at least one safe food available. And everyone likes chicken nuggets.

IMG_1514.jpg.dc5ad52f3d0edad3b765764a9dbd0aa7.jpg

IMG_1515.jpg.65758a1b63048a71d6c25cbfb0548dd0.jpg

IMG_1518.jpg.c584550886db5a5ced9e8b467e64bb4d.jpg

IMG_1519.jpg.914f3e774ee2a2e9cc1625e664f6ae21.jpg

IMG_1521.jpg.9c1fbd9c7daad3fc6f263e4381f2a1cf.jpg

I'm also pouring over the menus and trying to figure out what to pick.

Thanks for the pics and recommendations!

NL2134: did you have the California rolls, or the sushi assortment? That is my current dilemma :/

Edited by VASOXFANN

Thank You for sharing pictures!! I love all the photos, really helps envision how itll look. I LOVE the fruit in martini cups- I prefer that over the platter.. We for sure want to spanakopita & everything looks delish but will pass on melon pruscuitto. LOL

Any other recommendations!?!?

That's a fantastic set up

Love it

Thanks for sharing

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I know there has to be more opinions & reviews on the hor'dourves because depending on package that's what you get w carnival! I'm dying to know what everyones thoughts are... please share.. our coordinator couldn't give us any descriptions on the alternative options... so doesn't help much...

The photos are great! Thank you so much for sharing!

This really gives me a better idea of what to expect when we cruise. This is my first cruise and I am thinking about going with the alternative menu as well. It will be better for my guests who want to try new things but also like some familiar things as well.

Thanks again!