Copenhagen Cruise Terminal

hulagirl2007

I have been a long time lurker and this is my first post. We are taking our first Transatlantic Cruise this fall - NCL Copenhagen to Miami. Is there a small store on or near the terminal that we would be able to purchase soda/water at to bring on board? Or should we purchase this in the city and transport it to the terminal. I believe our boat will leave from the Freeport Terminal. Thanks

I second that. We just cruised the Star out of Copenhagen and there are no stores out there!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Can you walk to the terminal from downtown, or is at pretty much a mandatory taxi ride?

Thanks!

Hi Hulagirl2007, thanks for asking the question. I'll be on the same trip and always stop at a market in town and pick up diet coke and a case of water. I might just stop for a few sport size bottles of water and put them in a rolling bag. After all its not like we can pick some up in port after a few days at sea. I'm also deciding if I'm going to bring wine all the, way from Californua. Decesions, decesions.

On a side note, i didn't see you on our roll call, come on over and join us. Besides the meet and mingle we're planning a cabin crawl and gift exchange too!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

We are on the same cruise out of Copenhagen. From what we have read...yes, the best way to the ship is by taxi. One other observation is that in Europe there is a small selection of sodas then what is enjoyed in the US. Mainly Coke and Mt Dew is not to be found in most of the EU (banned because of BVO additive).

Taxi or bus for sure.

We took the S-train to the Nordhavn station and walked to Freeport Terminal. But it's not a short walk - certainly not if you're lugging soda in addition to luggage. I think there's a bus too, that might get you much closer to the terminal.

I disembarked the NCL Star in May at the new Oceankaj 330 port. I wouldn't pay attention to any advice older than that as I believe NCL is using this new port which is even farther and more $ than Freeport.

There are several posts about this topic and it is changing frequently. The Danish Viking usually has the most current info so look for his posts.

In general, if you are not in top physical shape and have heavier luggage, you should use a taxi. I understand there are buses that go to Oceankaj now but it is still confusing as the city works out the needs of cruisers and this new port.