Pool toys allowed in pool?

how bout the water wings?

How about swimming lessons instead? Seems like the most sensible (and safe) option. Kids this age that still haven't learned to swim, and who will be around pools and beaches? Definitely a recipe for a tragedy.

They will allow little toys like a cup or something, but not a floatable raft. Think about it. Three people with these rafts would fill up a cruise ship pool. And the pools are rarely that deep. These pools are made for kids.

Sorry Lynn...these pools are not made for kids. With a MINIMUM depth of 4.5 ft, that is well over the heads of most kids, 12 and under. Saw a number struggling to try and reach a ladder which was usually partially blocked. Just for info, No lifeguards on these pools so if someone gets into trouble, hopefully someone will notice and help.

As a former lifeguard I cringe when I hear people want to bring floating toys for kids who can't swim or swim well. I'm sure you will still be vigilant in watching your kids, even if they have floaties, but too many parents at places I have been lifeguarding seem to think that a non-swimmer with an inner tube or other device is perfectly safe and doesn't need to be watched carefully.

Sometimes I think floaties make it more dangerous, since they give a sense of safety, but a non-swimmer can drown in such a little time--and kids who get in trouble in the water don't make a big noisy fuss, they just quietly slip under the water.

A lifejacket or at least water wings are much safer. Swimming lessons, of course, should be a priority, but even then kids need to be watched carefully.

We've always lived in Florida. I made sure that my girls could swim as soon as they could crawl. There are pool, canals and lakes everywhere. Kids need to learn as early as possible. You'd be amazed how quickly they pick it up.