Need help with shuttle from hotel to Cape Liberty

randb67

We will be leaving on the Quantum on November 23, 2014. We will be driving to New Jersey and we are reserved at The Embassy Suites in Elizabeth, NJ. We need help in reserving a shuttle or other form of transportation to and from the port if we decide to use the hotel package that will allow us to leave our car parked at the hotel while we are away.

Any suggestions?

Bev

Independent driver - 888-816-0973

Embassy Suites is being offered by Trinityreservations.com as a park/sleep for $208 tax included with 14 days parking. The web site offers the Independent Driver phone number as a contact for a cruise port shuttle. So that means Independent Driver is likely to be shuttling folks from Embassy Suites to the Cruiseport for your Quantum sailing. They have no web site and only take reservations 4-6 weeks out. If you can get others from your roll call, you can get a price for about $12/pp for more than 4 people. Someone from my Quantum sailing in Jan is doing this for Embassy Suites and Country Inns.

The Embassy Suites package only offers 7 days parking, so you will be paying for two extra nights parking. Parking at Cape Liberty will be $152.

Embassy Suites is being offered by Trinityreservations.com as a park/sleep for $208 tax included with 14 days parking. The web site offers the Independent Driver phone number as a contact for a cruise port shuttle. So that means Independent Driver is likely to be shuttling folks from Embassy Suites to the Cruiseport for your Quantum sailing. They have no web site and only take reservations 4-6 weeks out. If you can get others from your roll call, you can get a price for about $12/pp for more than 4 people. Someone from my Quantum sailing in Jan is doing this for Embassy Suites and Country Inns.

The Embassy Suites package only offers 7 days parking, so you will be paying for two extra nights parking. Parking at Cape Liberty will be $152.

Carol - Thanks so much for the information. Really appreciate it. Hopefully I can get a few others from our roll call to join Ron and me.

Bev

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ,

may I can ask you something?

We arrive on Sept 23 with the Legend otS in Cape Liberty,

now I wonder how can i go to Newark Airport or BETTER :

Country In & Suites in Elizabeth, NJ

Maybe you can help me, I don't understand all what you have written

(sometimes my english is to bad :-( )

Thank you in advance

:) Elvi fromGermany

Hi Elvi,

You are coming in on a one way transatlantic. That means that no one on the ship will have their car parked at Cape Liberty and everyone will be being picked up in some way. However, the Lgened is a smaller ship and will have less people disembarking than the Explorer or Summit.

You have two choices.

1). When you disembark you will ride the shuttle bus to the terminal, claim your luggage and go through immigration and customs. When you exit, you make a left and go to the end of the tent to the taxi dispatcher and tell him you need to go to Country Inns. Your choices are a taxi/ car service or shared shuttle. Taxis will be $50-60 with tip and shared shuttles will be $16/pp plus tip.

I don't know if the shared shuttles do hotel drop offs. If they don't, you can ask to go to the P4 Airtrain station at Newark Airport where you can transfer to the hotel shuttle from Country Inns.

2). Prebook a car service like Dial7 or Carmellimo to pick you up at Cape Liberty and take you directly to Country Inns for $50-60. This can be difficult if you do not have a US cell phone because you would have to contact the limo driver to arrange the pickup point (Cape Liberty has numbered drop off/Pickup slots all along the tent covering the side of the terminal.

Have you posted on your roll call? Perhaps you can find someone else to share a ride with who does have a US cell phone. I have had the "no phone" problem on two trips to Paris where I had to call to arrange to get keys to an apartment and I had to rely on the kindness of strangers to make a phone call.

Hi Elvi,

You are coming in on a one way transatlantic. That means that no one on the ship will have their car parked at Cape Liberty and everyone will be being picked up in some way. However, the Lgened is a smaller ship and will have less people disembarking than the Explorer or Summit.

You have two choices.

1). When you disembark you will ride the shuttle bus to the terminal, claim your luggage and go through immigration and customs. When you exit, you make a left and go to the end of the tent to the taxi dispatcher and tell him you need to go to Country Inns. Your choices are a taxi/ car service or shared shuttle. Taxis will be $50-60 with tip and shared shuttles will be $16/pp plus tip.

I don't know if the shared shuttles do hotel drop offs. If they don't, you can ask to go to the P4 Airtrain station at Newark Airport where you can transfer to the hotel shuttle from Country Inns.

2). Prebook a car service like Dial7 or Carmellimo to pick you up at Cape Liberty and take you directly to Country Inns for $50-60. This can be difficult if you do not have a US cell phone because you would have to contact the limo driver to arrange the pickup point (Cape Liberty has numbered drop off/Pickup slots all along the tent covering the side of the terminal.

Have you posted on your roll call? Perhaps you can find someone else to share a ride with who does have a US cell phone. I have had the "no phone" problem on two trips to Paris where I had to call to arrange to get keys to an apartment and I had to rely on the kindness of strangers to make a phone call.

Thank you for you quick answer.

Yes i have also posted on my roll call :-)

at the moment we think about: take the shuttle to Airport, pick up a reserved car , drive by our own to the hotel and have fun for 2 days :-) ) Then bring the car back to the rental station, take the Airtrain, and then take NJTransit to Penn Station NY :-)

how does this sound ?

we haven't a US phone, but my phone is prepared to make calls in US

( we have to use it, after our plane make a stop :-( in Washington instead of Jacksonville...)

Greets Elvi

What are you going to use the car for? If you're going into NYC, a car is a huge liability - expensive to rent, super expensive to park, and expensive for tolls. Really not at all "fun" for two days in the city.

Edited by 138east

What are you going to use the car for? If you're going into NYC, a car is a huge liability - expensive to rent, super expensive to park, and expensive for tolls. Really not at all "fun" for two days in the city.

I know :-)

We like to go to some Malls Jersey Garden and Woodbury outlet, also to walmart.

That's the Reason

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

That's fine. Just a reality check. We've had folks post on here who had ambitious plans to drive around New York City in their car to see the sights.

Oh no - Never ever.:-o

We was in Manhattan 4 times in the past -

We know what we can expect,... so we have planned an additional day in Manhattan, and then to JFK.

But it's great that you ask and take care for us

Elvi

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app