Freeport - Excursion Question

sunflower47

We dock in Freeport for 9 hours. The ship offers a few excursions we could do but what we are really interested in is Gold Rock Beach & Ben's Cave. They only offer that in combination w/ a 90 minute kayaking tour which we might book but I was wondering if there are any other tour companies that just offer the beach and the cave. The ship did offer Beach & Cave tour and we had it booked but they cancelled it off their itinerary and refunded our money.

Our other option is the Garden of the Grove tour. That one is suppose to be a good one. We could do that itself or we could do that in combination w/ an ATV tour that also stops there but that one doesn't go to Gold Rock Beach.

Any other ideas what to do in Freeport.

Low tide is when Gold Rock Beach is at its most breathtaking. Check a Grand Bahama tide chart for the day you'll be there.

That being said, it's quite a hike from the cruise port. If you don't mind paying the shore excursion fare, I would take the ship's offering. Also, buy some homemade snacks from the woman selling them by the side of the road at Gold Rock Beach. She had some coconut bars when I was last there.

Have a wonderful time!