Diamond Instanbul/Athens

surfrgirl

After having read past posts was curious what the current situation is with Instanbul for the Sept. 26 Diamond cruise. How many formal nights on this cruise? What is the respectful dress for the culture in the ports? What examples can you give for appropriate shipboard dress?
Sandie

Sandie and Bob

We are sailing on the Diamond to Athens/Istanbul Oct. 4, 2004. As far as I know, Istanbul is still a go.

I have yet to look into appropriate clothes while touring. I do believe that you need to cover shoulders and should not wear shorts when touring mosques.

As for appropriate clothes while aboard, I bring along a lot of country club casual attire. For more formal evenings, I bring along a long, black skirt and nice, dress black pants. You can mix some nice tops/sweaters and dressy jewelry to formalize.

My husband will take along a black suit for formal nights. No tux for him.

Thanks NYFeds !!
I'm actually asking for our son and his fiance'. She's busy w/ work and planning the out of state wedding and he is a pilot currently deployed and unable to participate on this board, so I am checking out the board for them and passing on all pertinent info. She was wondering though about jeans/slacks/shorts/capris in the ports. Our son is used to wearing flight suits and VERY casual clothes when he is "off duty", so that is more the concern and reason for the question of examples of clothing. Are flat front Docker type slacks appropriate for dinner or should he buy dress slacks? He has a suit to wear for the Captain's Dinner(s. How dressy should daily dinner shirts be? All long sleeved? I know that irons are not to be brought on board, but is a clothes steamer OK? They are also doing the post cruise in Athens at the Magli, so they were wondering if they would need voltage adaptors. We did the PG in Aug. and that was SO easy to pack for.

Sandie and Bob

Archived