new years eve

nanaofthree

New Year's Eve is usually a formal night and there will be a number of parties around the ship, including on deck. They do the countdown to midnight too.

Its also noted when the UK reaches midnight - that's been my experience anyway, as we've been at dinner when the UK sees in new year.

We've done xmas and new year cruises for about the past 6 years now, and will be on Ventura again this time (did Azure previously). Its a lovely evening and we've had a "party hat" at our place at dinner and the dining room looks lovely, especially with folks wearing their lovely dresses and formal suits.

Hope you have a great cruise and enjoy your evening..

We were on the Azura Caribbean last new year and are going back again this year, we loved it.

In the original itinerary it was only supposed to be a semi formal night on NYE but it got changed in the daily newsletter to a formal night.

It was a wonderful night. A lovely dinner and the ship stayed out in the sea just off the coast of Rodney Bay in St Lucia so we could watch the fireworks at midnight. I've never seen so many people up on the decks - there was party hats, streamers etc and dancing till the early hours. Great party atmosphere.

Di

We were on the Azura Caribbean last new year and are going back again this year, we loved it.

In the original itinerary it was only supposed to be a semi formal night on NYE but it got changed in the daily newsletter to a formal night.

It was a wonderful night. A lovely dinner and the ship stayed out in the sea just off the coast of Rodney Bay in St Lucia so we could watch the fireworks at midnight. I've never seen so many people up on the decks - there was party hats, streamers etc and dancing till the early hours. Great party atmosphere.

Di

I find it encouraging that the dress code for NYE last year altered whilst you were on board. We booked this cruise out of Barbados on 27th Dec, and I'm sure I noted that NYE was a casual dress night. I feel this would be a travesty; but having read your post, I am now hopeful that this will change and it will be a formal night (as well it should!).

I will be wearing formal as we always dress up for Hogmany :) We are really looking forward to spending New Year in the beautiful Carribean on the Azura ,we have cruised before but not with Pand O so new experience for us .

We are going on our first New Year cruise on the Arcadia to the Canaries. We will be in Lanzarote all day but will be at sea at midnight. I'm glad to say it is a formal night which will be great! Can anyone tell me if they think there is any chance of our ship staying near Lanzarote and if so could there be fireworks?

Also, will our experience be similar to yours on Azura & Ventura?

We are going on our first New Year cruise on the Arcadia to the Canaries. We will be in Lanzarote all day but will be at sea at midnight. I'm glad to say it is a formal night which will be great! Can anyone tell me if they think there is any chance of our ship staying near Lanzarote and if so could there be fireworks?

Also, will our experience be similar to yours on Azura & Ventura?

I can't say for sure, but I would think the captain will try to stay near to land for the firework displays.

I find it encouraging that the dress code for NYE last year altered whilst you were on board. We booked this cruise out of Barbados on 27th Dec, and I'm sure I noted that NYE was a casual dress night. I feel this would be a travesty; but having read your post, I am now hopeful that this will change and it will be a formal night (as well it should!).

I don't know if they changed the dress code due to popular demand or if they always have formal on NYE and made an error when printing the dress code list for the cruise, but I will certainly be in a formal dress. It was so lovely to see everyone looking so glam.

I haven't seen the dress code list yet for this year, where did you see it

Di

I will be wearing formal as we always dress up for Hogmany :) We are really looking forward to spending New Year in the beautiful Carribean on the Azura ,we have cruised before but not with Pand O so new experience for us .

It was our first P & O cruise last year and our first time in the Caribbean. We had cruised on Carnival and NCL in Europe previously. I thought the Azura was a lovely ship, I had no complaints at all.

Hi Magicdi, The dress code for each night is on my Cruise Personaliser. It should be on yours too.

Yes, that's right. We booked ages ago and I came across it on CP. We'll be dressing formally on NYE also. I have already purchased my gown. Wanted something bright and colourful as we'll be in the Caribbean. Autumn/Christmas season dresses tend to be darker/plainer. Really pleased with purchase as got it reduced in the summer sale. Happy Days.