Breakaway - Gym and Treadmills

js

Hi.

Can anyone please let me know if the treadmills on the Breakaway have a TV in them?

I will run for about 45 minutes to an hour and usually plug in my headphones to listen to the TV at the gym. I am asking since I leave next Sunday and not sure if I should pack my headphones.

Thanks.

Just off the Breakaway, and yes, both the treadmills and the bikes have TVs with headphone jacks.

Since you posted you like to go for 45-60 minutes, be aware the treadmill will automatically shut off at 30 minutes. The idea is during busy times, they'd like you to limit your session to 30 minutes.

I like to go around 5PM when everyone else is prepping for dinner so there wasn't a line waiting to use the equipment and I would just restart. But, it is annoying when you are in a rhythm.

Edited by Babygirl08
Additional information added

Just off the Breakaway, and yes, both treadmills and bikes have TVs with headphone jacks.

Ohhh, this is SO good to know and THANK YOU!

I would have been annoyed running there for an hour knowing I could be at least

listening to the TV instead of any music they may have in the gym.

THANKS! I'll make a note to remember to pack them!

Also, do you know if there were any weight machines for arm, legs and abs or just more free weights and the treadmills and bikes.

Thank you again!

Been following your thread, go back and post more LOL

Edited by js

The gym is broken into two sides on either side of the hallway that goes to the spa. The right side contains the cardio "stuff" and the left side contains the resistance "stuff".

My training is all endurance right now so I spent my time on the cardio side where there are maybe 15 treadmills, 10 ellipticals, 5 bikes, a few recumbent bikes, and a couple of rowing machines. Might be other stuff but I wasn't looking that closely.

I did go to the resistance side to do some push-ups and core work. While there, I saw dumbbells and resistance machines but can't speak with specificity. I suspect it would be all the usual stuff.

I found the equipment to be in great shape. The only knock I have is there wasn't much of an area to lay down a mat and stretch or do floor work. On other ships, they always had a dance studio-type area. BA has that but that's where the spin bikes and TRX stuff was and it was always closed. The only area I found was in the back of the resistance side where there was a spot maybe 2-3 people could put down a mat.

Still, I'd rather have the equipment in great condition. Nothing more frustrating than running on a busted treadmill that says you are running a sub-5 minute pace when you know you aren't a step under 7 minutes!

I'll be back to the other thread tonight/tomorrow. I'm still catching up on sleep!