Non-converting twin beds in balcony cabins???

I've cruised Carnival tons of times and have typically done "guaranteed" cabins (where you pick your stateroom type but Carnival picks your category and location based on availability - this option is usually the least expensive) and have ALWAYS ended up with two twins that convert to a king. ALWAYS. Well, I just finished booking our sailing on the Carnival Breeze, balcony type, and was warned that 50% of balconies on the Breeze have no queen/king capability - in other words they only have twins that CAN'T be converted to a king. Because this sounded so outlandish, I asked to speak to a supervisor and got the same answer.

Has anyone ever had a balcony on Carnival, particularly on the Breeze or a sister ship, where their twins could not convert to a king? This seems so ridiculous, and even if this set-up does exist, I'm seriously skeptical that this would be true for 50% of the balcony cabins. :confused:

Not true at all. I've never seen this either. Where did you make your booking? On carnival.com ?

On the Breeze , non converting twins are only found in 3 categories of cabin.

1A's: There are 30 of them and they all have either twin/upper or twin/sofa

4J's: Forward facing walkway skyviews #7207 and 7208

6N's: 20 Large Quint occupancy Family Ocean View Cabins where the 2 twins will not convert to a king when the 2 uppers are in use.

All balcony cabins on the Breeze are twin/king

Thanks AdGuy - you're my hero. This conversation was with two different Carnival customer service reps - so weird that they would say something to freak someone out about one of their higher priced types of cabins. I hope they weren't just trying to get me to pay more for a specific type of balcony cabin. That doesn't sound like Carnival (they've never been pushy or shady with me) but I can't think of another explanation other than them just being really misinformed.