3 Dinner Dining Package - Plus Children

QE2_Fan

Hi All

I have what I fear is going to be a complex question but hopefully there is a simple answer! I have booked the 3 dinner speciality package for my wife and I for an upcoming Solstice cruise (our first with Celebrity).

We are also travelling with our children who are both under 12yo, so am aware they cannot dine in Murano (nor would we want them to, that will be our 'special' night out :D) however we may have them join us at Silks or Tuscan Grill.

I am thinking that once onboard and I can finalise reservations for the 2 non-Murano dinner it should not be hard to add the kids onto our reservation - to make a table for 2 a table for 4 and have their cost charged to our onboard account.

The big 'BUT' for me is the first dinner reservation which if I understand correctly they will allocate on the either the 1st or 2nd night (i booked it against the 2nd night of the cruise) - what if this ended up being Murano - I would not really want to eat without the kids straight away until they were a bit more settled in kids club etc.

If you get a preallocated reservation for a restaurant (e.g. Murano) for the 1st nights dinner but it doesn't suit, can you change it when onboard? My other concern is even if the first dinner was at one restaurants the kids could join us, if it was busy they may not be able to accommodate them as they had not been pre-booked.

Has anyone travelling with family done similar and could enlighten me?

The fact Celebrity has currently lost my wives reservation and payment out of the system altogether (and apparently can't re-instate it - I just have to fill them in onboard) is probably giving me enough reason for concern - I'm likely to turn up with the family for dinner and they will say they only have a table for ONE available :eek: