Celebrity Equinox - October 27, 2015 - Transatlantic Family!

GaNavy

Hi, everyone!

I just booked this cruise - it's a little while away, but I wanted to get a roll call started here. There's one gay couple already posting on the "other" roll call ;) and it's Celebrity, so there will be fellow travelers for sure!

Come on and join us!

Anyone booked recently?

I understand that there are "other" places with cruise roll calls - "Zuckerberg City" :eek: for one - but some of us (like me) don't do that particular kind of social media so we meet people on these boards. Come on and join us!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

We are Peter and Paul and are booked on this T/A. We did the same trip this April but different itinerary

We are from NYC and have been together for 31 years

Hugz

Peter

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Woops, yes we are booked on this but also the Eclipse for April 2015. We are about to sail on the Infinity on Oct 13 from HARWICH to Fort Lauderdale

Hugz

Peter

Hi

We are Peter and Paul and are booked on this T/A. We did the same trip this April but different itinerary

We are from NYC and have been together for 31 years

Hugz

Peter

Hey Peter, glad you posted here - I've seen you on the "other" roll call and enjoy your posts. Looking forward to meeting you guys!

• 2 weeks later...
We seem to be the only folks here, but it is very early days yet. On past experience there should be allot of folks joining us

Hugs

Peter

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Let's hope so! Meantime, let's give this thread a bump. Maybe if someone sees this and knows we're here, they'll book the cruise. ;)

Let's hope so! Meantime, let's give this thread a bump. Maybe if someone sees this and knows we're here, they'll book the cruise. ;)

Take care, I had a temporary suspension for doing that

Hugz

Peter

Hi, Guys! Mike & Ray here! Looking forward to this cruise. Will spend 2 days in Sitges and 1 in Barcelona before the cruise. Fly from JFK on 10/23. Did the Silouette transatlantic last year. We had a large group of guys! We met.in the Martini Bar every evening for cocktails! Had a Great Time!!!

Hi, Guys! Mike & Ray here! Looking forward to this cruise. Will spend 2 days in Sitges and 1 in Barcelona before the cruise. Fly from JFK on 10/23. Did the Silouette transatlantic last year. We had a large group of guys! We met.in the Martini Bar every evening for cocktails! Had a Great Time!!!

Welcome Guys. I used to live in Sitges a few lifetimes ago. You might want to rethink spending time there as opposed to Barcelona. The season will have ended and the local business folks will have taken off to parts distant for. Some well deserved R&R after a busy season, so almost all the bars and restaurants will be closed. In addition it will be cold damp and wet then

Have you thought of going to Madrid or Paris and taking the AVE or TGV High speed train to Barcelona, that would be a great trip

We will also be flying out from JFK but will fly to London foe six days before taking the BA flight to Barcelona. We will be on Icelandair our favorite airline to Europe from JFK. They have a baggage allowance of TWO 23 KG SUITCASES each as a baggage allowance. They also fly to Barcelona from JFK and have good one way fares

Mega Hugz

Peter

Edited by Petert102

Hi, Mike & Ray - glad you're here and looking forward to meeting you.

I'm off to Miami tomorrow for a couple of weeks collecting Caribbean islands on the "other" Brand C - looking forward to it for sure, because what's not to like? and there's always a good number of us on Carnival.

I hope everyone's doing well.

• 1 month later...

Hi, all!

It's been a while since I posted, wanted to check in and see how folks are doing and whether we have more joining us. It's still a ways off, but it's never too early to be planning an adventure. :)

I hope everyone had a fun Thanksgiving and will have the chance to do something special for the holidays ahead.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi, James from NYC here.

Husband and I are in the midst of deciding between this sailing or the Nieuw Amsterdam transatlantic on 10/19. We'll keep you posted!

Hi, James - welcome to the roll call! Hope you guys can make it.

I was just in NYC over Christmas weekend with my sister - I lived in Manhattan for 13 years, but I have never seen the place as crowded as it was that weekend. I really love New York, but it was almost too much to take. I'm going back next weekend to hear the Philharmonic - and hoping it won't be quite so insane.

Edited by GaNavy

Thanks, Gordon.

Yes, we live in Manhattan and it is always very crowded during the Christmas-New Years holidays. But overall we are very happy here. Still trying to work out the dates for this sailing, but we may have to push our vacation into November. We'll let you know if we can make it.

James

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone...Michael from San Diego here. My husband and I are currently aboard Constellation on the final day of her TA from FLL to Rome. Just booked the Equinox westbound for October. Nothing better than ending one trip by planning another. A friend of mine from FLL will be joining me for the October sailing.

We have been to all the ports except the Canaries so that will be a treat. Looking forward to meeting everyone for the usual happy hour hijinks.

All the best...M

PS: Peter...I believe we sailed together either on Equinox or Solstice at one point. Looking forward to seeing you again.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks, My husband Kevin and Zi will be on this sailing. This will be our 3rd Ta, and if all goes according to plan, our 4 tn cruise of 2015. We are going to be on the celebrity Xpedition in the Galapagos, later this month. In July, we will be on a gay charter river boat on the Douro River, in Portugal. September 18 we will be sailing on the Constellation,out of Istanbul, and then, in October we will spend some time in Barcelona before sailing on this trip. We consider 2015 to be our year of travel. When not traveling, we live in Pompano Beach, Florida, just north of Fort Lauderdale.

Richard and Kevin