The pockets show through the pants, help?

Xev

I purchased a pair of pink pants. Pink is so not my thing but there were a few outside factors that influenced my purchase: I have the same pants in black and they're awesome, they were on clearance, and I figured they'd be a nice look for my Hawaiian cruise.

Anyway, bottom line, I didn't try them on until after I took them home and washed them and THEN realized that the back pockets show through the pants. They like, glow through the pants, it's crazy.

I was just wondering if there is any way to disguise the the pockets by wearing something under the pants? Any suggestions? I may just break out the sewing machine and sew the pockets shut and cut out the liner.

If you don't plan on using the pockets, just cut them out. If you do it neatly you shouldn't even have to sew it up, though you certainly can.

Well, maybe my DH can....I own the machine but the one time I played with it, he had to set it up and show me what to do. Shame on me.:rolleyes:

It would be nice to have to pockets, but I doubt I'll actually use them anyway. Thanks for the suggestion!

It would be nice to have to pockets, but I doubt I'll actually use them anyway. Thanks for the suggestion!

You could always take them to the Dry Cleaners or to a tailor or seamstress to sew the pockets closed and/or cut out the fabric, too. It shouldn't cost much to have that done.

I rarely use back pockets and wouldn't miss them. Hope you find a solution that works for you! :)

Ms B

Ahhh...what a wise suggestion! I totally didn't even look to see if the shirt I plan to wear with the pants covers the back. I don't think its long enough, but that would be really cool. I'm going to check right when I get home.

Haha, not necessarily. Nude colored thong panties just don't show. Nude colored underclothing are the only color that doesn't show, but you still have to watch for the dreaded pantie lines.

Archived