European adaptor plug

Looks similar to the model sold in Poundland.

A cautionary tale - one thing you have to watch out for reference Thomsons vessels is that some (all maybe ?) have the brass earth pin on the 220v euro socket at the "south" position - see photo below, taken on Spirit.

7d6d0fe0-81d5-4e3b-b0b1-683cdba5a731_zpsb04f594a.jpg

If your adaptor has the earth pin located "north" it can only plug in upside down relative to its normal aspect.

That is not really a problem - unless you have a power unit like mine which can't fit in upside down, due to the closeness of the dressing table below the socket.

95a85821-64df-47b9-91e4-44dbacd0fd24_zps601249e4.jpg

Otherwise it's not an issue for normal UK 13amp plugs like the those on iPads/iPads/iPhones etc., etc.

We now have two adaptors, one each of the north-south earth pin configuration........ to cover all possibilities.

At 99p and free delivery - you can't go wrong !!!

Edited by WeeCountyMan
grammar

PS

I would recommend a double adaptor - saves any dramas with the other half when there is a "conflict of interests" as to who gets to use the single one first !!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TWIN-EUROPEAN-MULTI-DOUBLE-PLUG-TRAVEL-ADAPTER-UK-EU-EURO-MAINS-CONVERTOR-/231262308451?pt=UK_TravelTickets_Accessories_RL&hash=item35d84ec863

I bought a worldwide USB plug this year. Basically, it has two USB sockets but pins for UK, Europe, USA and Australia. Everything we wanted to charge had a USB cable, and it was nice surprise when we go on Dream and needed a USA adapter.

I bought a worldwide USB plug this year. Basically, it has two USB sockets but pins for UK, Europe, USA and Australia. Everything we wanted to charge had a USB cable, and it was nice surprise when we go on Dream and needed a USA adapter.

now this sounds exactly what i (very usefully) need...can you remember where you got it from:cool:

PS

I would recommend a double adaptor - saves any dramas with the other half when there is a "conflict of interests" as to who gets to use the single one first !!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TWIN-EUROPEAN-MULTI-DOUBLE-PLUG-TRAVEL-ADAPTER-UK-EU-EURO-MAINS-CONVERTOR-/231262308451?pt=UK_TravelTickets_Accessories_RL&hash=item35d84ec863

Thank you have just ordered one. After i ordered (and this is typical) we are going on the Dream and didnt check previous post to see if the Dream was mentioned for this adaptor. I also bought 6 bottles of antibacterial handwash , and then read its no good for novo virus, but i have very clean hands !!:D

Thank you have just ordered one. After i ordered (and this is typical) we are going on the Dream and didnt check previous post to see if the Dream was mentioned for this adaptor. I also bought 6 bottles of antibacterial handwash , and then read its no good for novo virus, but i have very clean hands !!:D

The majority of outlets on Dream are the American flat pin ones. We had several of those in our cabin and on British one.

Looks similar to the model sold in Poundland.

A cautionary tale - one thing you have to watch out for reference Thomsons vessels is that some (all maybe ?) have the brass earth pin on the 220v euro socket at the "south" position - see photo below, taken on Spirit.

7d6d0fe0-81d5-4e3b-b0b1-683cdba5a731_zpsb04f594a.jpg

If your adaptor has the earth pin located "north" it can only plug in upside down relative to its normal aspect.

That is not really a problem - unless you have a power unit like mine which can't fit in upside down, due to the closeness of the dressing table below the socket.

95a85821-64df-47b9-91e4-44dbacd0fd24_zps601249e4.jpg

Otherwise it's not an issue for normal UK 13amp plugs like the those on iPads/iPads/iPhones etc., etc.

We now have two adaptors, one each of the north-south earth pin configuration........ to cover all possibilities.

At 99p and free delivery - you can't go wrong !!!

Thanks for posting this, I assumed Spirit would have British plugs! Just gone and dug out my adaptors so I don't forget!

Linda,

Have a look at your Euro socket adaptor and you'll see where the earth pin on the wall socket locates.

Some adaptors are produced for "north" (the majority I think) and some are made for "south" - which I did not realise until we had the difficulty posted above.

It's not a problem if your adaptor has to fit upside down - unless you experience the scenario described.