Best balcony room. Independence of the seas

Looking for suggestions on the best Balcony room on the independence of the seas, currently have and inside promenade room booked, thinking about upgrading, is it really worth it, and if so what rooms should I be looking for. Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by milkman32

Looking for suggestions on the best Balcony room on the independence of the seas, currently have and inside promenade room booked, thinking about upgrading, is it really worth it, and if so what rooms should I be looking for. Thanks in advance

I'd go with 1640, on the hump.

Of you don't mind the walk some of the aft balconies are huge. Cabins 1400 and 1700 have great balconies and the cabins are almost the size of a JS.

Ditto. Those are the only cabins my DH "says" he will sail in. Although if push came to shove I think he would cave to be on the ship. Luckily we haven't had to test that theory. We are booked in that cabin for a second time on Freedom. :D

A balcony cabin in the middle of the ship is best, as you don't feel the movement as much as you would at the front/back, and also it's good to be near some elevators! I've stayed in two balcony cabins before, one on deck 9, one on deck 8. They were both really good. I just suggest you choose one in the middle if possible :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Our favourite cabins are 7408 or 7708 E1 AFT, huge balconies, 1400 or 1700, AFT D1, huge balconies, if you can still snag them and do not mind a lot of walking.

We have also been in 8344 (E2 on the hump) cabin is a little bigger because of the hump. On our last cruise we had 9320, D2, balcony was big enough to have a lounger and two chairs and table(cabin steward arranged for the lounger), cabin is bigger than 8344, I would book 9320 again in a heartbeat.

Good luck on making decisions and enjoy your balcony!

I was in 7408 two weeks ago, it is a fabulous cabin, the best I've ever had :) the aft corner is just gorgeous, I spent many a happy hour on there. I did a live review on here, if you search for my posts you'll find it - here's a photo too ImageUploadedByForums1408257509.243482.jpg.27ec74196c436f321c6e4b9c73cd86a2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums