Sailing on Getaway 10/11 - looking for hotel advice

kenoqueen

We are departing Oct. 11th on the Getaway and will be flying in from the west coast. This is our 1st time sailing out of Miami (we usually leave Pt. Canaveral). Does anyone have any suggestions on hotels? Proximaty to the port, rates and also if they have a park n stay package.

Thank you in advance.

Highly recommend the Hampton inn brickell down town Miami. Just stayed there I'm august 8th prior to going on the getaway? Rats was $150 and included breakfast. Not sure about the parking but they did have a shuttle to pier for $8 per person.

We are departing Oct. 11th on the Getaway and will be flying in from the west coast. This is our 1st time sailing out of Miami (we usually leave Pt. Canaveral). Does anyone have any suggestions on hotels? Proximaty to the port, rates and also if they have a park n stay package.

Thank you in advance.

Why are you looking for a park and cruise package if you are flying in? Confusing! :eek: Many hotels offer a shuttle from the airport and to the port as a package (many already offer a free airport shuttle regardless of cruising status). Most don't include the return shuttle, however. You can do much better than $150 for a place that just offers you breakfast, though.

Why are you looking for a park and cruise package if you are flying in? Confusing! :eek: Many hotels offer a shuttle from the airport and to the port as a package (many already offer a free airport shuttle regardless of cruising status). Most don't include the return shuttle, however. You can do much better than $150 for a place that just offers you breakfast, though.

This is what I would suggest, assuming you don't actually need parking. I usually book a Hilton or Marriott brand just because I get frequent-stay points with them, but many hotels closer to the airport give you free shuttles to/from the airport and then a free shuttle from the hotel to the port. Look for the "stay and cruise" package or something to that effect. If you do actually want parking most of these hotels also offer packages that include parking.

Hotels are less expensive closer to the airport than close to the cruise port. You will have to get a taxi back to the airport after your cruise on your own dime, of course, but they are only about $25 if memory serves.

absolute closest hotel to the port is the holiday inn. prob one of the best rates around too. very well kept.

Agreed. We have stayed at both the Holiday Inn and the Intercontinental and actually preferred the Holiday inn.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I do not have personal experience with this hotel yet (but will have after I cruise on the 30th of this month), but the Element Hotel near the airport has a cruise package for checking in on the 10th of October and out on the 11th. Room for your dates is $159 for a king bed and sleeper sofa, free hot breakfast, free wifi, one way shuttle from airport *OR* 7 days of parking, and one way shuttle to the cruise port on your check out day. Not sure how they determine rates, as my room was over $20 cheaper than that...but it could be because you're a lot closer to your date than I was when I booked, too.

We are flying in but meeting up with cousin who is driving down from Alabama. If I get a flight with a decent arrival time, they will pick us up and drop off at airport but on previous cruises found it to be more economical to stay at a hotel with transportation to the port.

We are flying in but meeting up with cousin who is driving down from Alabama. If I get a flight with a decent arrival time, they will pick us up and drop off at airport but on previous cruises found it to be more economical to stay at a hotel with transportation to the port.

If that's the case and the cousin can pick you up from the airport, then one of the park and cruise packages that have been mentioned are ideal. Figured there had to be missing pieces to your request that would help! There are plenty of hotels that offer what you're looking for. Unfortunately I haven't found a single one that actually picks up up after the cruise and brings you back to the hotel or airport. I have found that in other ports, but not in Miami for some reason. If they take you to the port they don't include a return trip and you have to manage that on your own. This website is a good resource that cross references what is available at each location in their package deals: http://www.parkingstay.com/p/miami.html

Edited by BrentD