How do price drops work with sales?

I recently booked a balcony room for 2 during the B1G1HO sale. The total price was what I would expect to pay even without the sale give or take a hundred dollars. I know they raised the price of the 1st person so the 2nd person would be "50% off". My question is this...when I am looking for a price drop, would I be looking for a drop on the total price (about $2400 for 2) or a price drop on just the 1 person ($1650), leaving the 2nd person ($825) the way it is?

I'm not sure that I explained that well or not, so I hope someone can help me!

Thanks!

I recently booked a balcony room for 2 during the B1G1HO sale. The total price was what I would expect to pay even without the sale give or take a hundred dollars. I know they raised the price of the 1st person so the 2nd person would be "50% off". My question is this...when I am looking for a price drop, would I be looking for a drop on the total price (about $2400 for 2) or a price drop on just the 1 person ($1650), leaving the 2nd person ($825) the way it is?

Thanks!

You would need to compare the total price. When you ask for a price drop, Royal will reprice all the guests in the stateroom.

Thanks!

You will lose your BOGOHO promo price if you want to take advantage of a price drop. They would reprice your cruise at the current cruise fare before giving you the price adjustment. You may find that your total cruise fare for 2 people will not be as attractive as your total cruise fare with the BOGOHO promo is.

You will lose your BOGOHO promo price if you want to take advantage of a price drop. They would reprice your cruise at the current cruise fare before giving you the price adjustment. You may find that your total cruise fare for 2 people will not be as attractive as your total cruise fare with the BOGOHO promo is.

Thank you, that's what I figured. I still think a price drop will be lower as I've never paid over $1200pp for a balcony. Fingers crossed!