Fit to Travel Documentation

I heard that I need to bring 'fit to travel' documentation on my upcoming cruise on Freedom. I will hit my 18th week of pregnancy while on the cruise. Can someone advise what the fit to travel documentation needs to say? I know it needs to confirm my due date etc, but not sure what the specifics are, and the person spoke to on Royal, just said I needed a note that said I was fit to travel, which is very vague.

TIA.

I heard that I need to bring 'fit to travel' documentation on my upcoming cruise on Freedom. I will hit my 18th week of pregnancy while on the cruise. Can someone advise what the fit to travel documentation needs to say? I know it needs to confirm my due date etc, but not sure what the specifics are, and the person spoke to on Royal, just said I needed a note that said I was fit to travel, which is very vague.

TIA.

From the RCI website:

Royal Caribbean International cannot accept guests who will have entered their 24th week of pregnancy by the beginning of, or at any time during the cruise or cruisetour. A physician's "Fit to Travel" note is required prior to sailing, stating how far along (in weeks) your pregnancy will be at the beginning of the cruise and confirming that you are in good health and not experiencing a high-risk pregnancy. The "Fit to Travel" note should be faxed to the Access Department at 1-954-628-9622. Please contact us at 1-866-592-7225 or at special_needs@rccl.com if you have already booked a cruise or cruisetour and do not meet this requirement.

This is what they told me when I emailed the special needs department:

Good day and congratulations! Thank you for contacting us with this information.

The letter must state how far along you will be at the beginning of the cruise, that you are fit to travel and that you are not a high risk pregnancy.

Kindly keep in mind that you cannot be entering, or have entered, the 24th week of pregnancy at the time of sailing.

Please be advised the letter must be ALL handwritten on the doctor's prescription pad or ALL typed on the doctor's letterhead.

We recommend taking this letter with you to the pier, as embarkation may be denied if it is not present.

To give you an example of how it should read:

Emily will be XX weeks pregnant on 10/25/2014. She is fit to travel and not experiencing a high risk pregnancy.

Along with the reservation number and your name.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just go to your doctor and tell him you are cruising and where to

The letter should make reference to the specific trip incl dates and he sees you as fit to travel on it

That's it

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No, that's not it when cruising while pregnant!!:(