Booking local tour guide in port

malmo288

Someone suggested to me to wait til I get to cozumel and see what the private companies are offering. I'm a little nervous to do that because I don't want to be the unlucky one who gets the bad tour guide who just either wastes my money or makes me late to the ship. Has anyone ever booked with a local guide for an excursion in cozumel? I'd love to hear experiences and if there was any particular person/guide that you'd recommend. :confused: :confused:

We've had good luck and Bad luck with doing this. If you know what you want to see, I think your better off booking ahead of time with any of the companies that are recommended either here or TA. We waited to get to port and do a snorkel excursion and found what we wanted right away.... then after walking many blocks to the office to fill out the paperwork, we turned around and walked those blocks back. Our boat was scary to say the least, and our captain and mate could not communicate with us. It was definitely an experience, but not one I want to repeat.

All of your comments were what I was already feeling pretty much. I always heavily research what I want to do before we go, so I didn't see the point but someone told me it was worth it. Doesn't sound worth it to me.