Side Aft Balcony Choices

twinkle toes

We are cruising on the Grand in January. My DH and I are in C753, but we weren't able to get another aft facing for our daughters. They have never had a balcony cabin before, so I am curious. If all the side aft balconies were available, which floor would you choose to have one on, and which one would you pick and why? I have tried to find good pictures of the grands side aft balconies, but can't figure out which ones are recessed, etc. Thanks, Sue.

If thinking aft, I too would pick Aloha deck. We were on the Crown this past winter in the last side, sort of aft room on that deck. We loved being just a few feet from the aft pool, bar, and buffet! (Crown has a similar deck plan.)

If you don't want to be too close to the pool, then I would choose a deck between floors with other rooms. I wouldn't want to be above the entertainment or below the pool area.

Happy choosing and have a great cruise!!!

We were in an aft VS on the Grand last year (and an aft PS on the CB prior to that).

Both times we chose Caribe to be in between cabin decks and not too close to the top where we had heard stories of people tossing things onto the highest up deck balconies. We never saw any of that but did like the quietness and a little separation from the top public deck.

We would definitely target Caribe deck next time.

We are cruising on the Grand in January. My DH and I are in C753, but we weren't able to get another aft facing for our daughters. They have never had a balcony cabin before, so I am curious. If all the side aft balconies were available, which floor would you choose to have one on, and which one would you pick and why? I have tried to find good pictures of the grands side aft balconies, but can't figure out which ones are recessed, etc. Thanks, Sue.
I would go with an aft Caribe deck balcony because of the larger size. They could also be close to you. Aft Aloha deck would also be nice. Balconies are only 9x5 rather than 9x9 on Caribe deck but from the back it is a 1/2 flight of stairs up to the seating around the Terrace Pool and another 1/2 flight up to the Horizon Court. We had one of the aft facing cabins on Aloha deck of the Sapphire. It was so convenient that we visited the HC way too often during that cruise :eek:

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app