Wonder Miami disembark timing

chelseafc

I'm getting ready to book our car for pick-up from Port of Miami to FLL airport. Anyone have any idea how long it takes to get through customs for 2 people with carry-ons only?

I want to make sure I give myself enough time so I don't have the driver waiting.

Unless the Customs people decide to be ugly, the process from the front of the line to out the door takes about 30 seconds. The issue is how long the line will be, That depends on timing. If you get off as soon as the door opens and have only carry on bags, there will be essentially no line--so 10-15 minutes. If you are in the first wave of people claiming bags in the terminal, that's a big bunch (people who want to get off fast), so the line can lengthen. Then, about 8:45-9 it gets long again as the straggles are all heading off.

Don't know what your schedule is for the day, but the quickest times tend to be right at 7:30 when the doors open or wait till about 8:15-8:40 so that you're not in either the early or late rush. Of course, all of this assumes a normal disembarkation. That doesn't always happen!