Booking a future cruise while onboard

It depends on what booking options exist at that time. If you go ES, there is a $50/person admin fee to change cruises. The same is true for cancellation fee; it depends on the booking type. Some have no cancel fee if you do it before final payment; others do. The deposit is the same. If there is a sale with a $50/person deposit, you can do that.

Agree about the FC desk. Also, you will get an OBC for booking onboard, depending on the length of the next cruise.

Sorry for being vague, but there are a lot of factors and options to book.

It depends on what booking options exist at that time. If you go ES, there is a $50/person admin fee to change cruises. The same is true for cancellation fee; it depends on the booking type. Some have no cancel fee if you do it before final payment; others do. The deposit is the same. If there is a sale with a $50/person deposit, you can do that.

Agree about the FC desk. Also, you will get an OBC for booking onboard, depending on the length of the next cruise.

Sorry for being vague, but there are a lot of factors and options to book.

It would probably be for next September. It's hard to find a sale that extends past the Fall. I'm not sure if I want to pay $800 a year in advance. I will probably just wait & book closer to 5-6 months before like I did this time. That seemed to be the best price window.

Edited by AidenandCasensMommy

It's not really worth booking while on your current cruise when you have to pay so much down, unless you can get the $50 deposit special. Your only getting $50 OBC per cabin anyway. And they have specials throughout the year any way to get that. It's not like it use to be with FCC.

I was thinking about booking a future cruise while on board in 3 weeks. My question would be if we book a 3-5 day for 2 people at a past guest rate putting down the $200 deposit and getting $50 OBC then I change to a longer sailing once summer 2016 is bookable will we retain the $50 or will we receive an increase to match the length of the new cruise? If we would receive the increase are there restrictions on the length of the new cruise? I am specifically waiting to see if Vista does the Mediterranean.

Thanks in advance for any clarification!

not sure if you will get an increase of the OBC, something to ask the Carnival rep at the FCD. But you will keep the OBC if you change cruises. Be aware that if you book ES and change, there is a $50/person admin fee.

After reading about the people who work the desk I am not sure I would trust their answer :D We would book past guest so we could make changes without fees before the initial final payment. I'd probably just pick something for April 2016 since we want to move it out only a couple months.