Tri-Rail!

mjw001

I think we are going to stick with a private car. If the trains were more frequent after 6pm I would consider the train but under the circumstances there are too many things that could effect our arrival time and 617 is cutting it too close. Thank you for all the info though! Great to know for the future!

jb456 just a follow up question based on another post in the thread. Do the hotels pick up from the tri rail station in fll or do we have to take the shuttle to the airport.

Thanks for all your help.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

No they do not.

Your options are -

1 - Get off tri-rail take a taxi to hotel. (or uber)

2 - If your hotel offers a shuttle from FLL airport you could get off tri-rail, take free shuttle to airport, then get on your hotel shuttle.

3 - If you plan to just take a taxi from tri-rail station to hotel check google maps on location. The second "Ft Lauderdale stop" might possibly be closer to your hotel then the FLL stop at Dania Beach.

For google maps = FLL airport stop (with free shuttle to Airport) address is 500 Gulf Stream Way, Dania Beach, FL 33004

For Ft Lauderdale stop address is - 200 Southwest 21st Terrace, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312

More details on train times, schedules, etc can be found at http://www.tri-rail.com

Edited by jb456

No they do not.

Your options are -

1 - Get off tri-rail take a taxi to hotel. (or uber)

2 - If your hotel offers a shuttle from FLL airport you could get off tri-rail, take free shuttle to airport, then get on your hotel shuttle.

3 - If you plan to just take a taxi from tri-rail station to hotel check google maps on location. The second "Ft Lauderdale stop" might possibly be closer to your hotel then the FLL stop at Dania Beach.

For google maps = FLL airport stop (with free shuttle to Airport) address is 500 Gulf Stream Way, Dania Beach, FL 33004

For Ft Lauderdale stop address is - 200 Southwest 21st Terrace, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312

More details on train times, schedules, etc can be found at http://www.tri-rail.com

Thanks again. You have been extremely helpful.[emoji106]

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I am researching the Tri Rail system too. Our plan is to fly in MIA on Thursday night and spend Thursday and Friday night in Miami. Then we will travel to Fort Lauderdale on Saturday night for the Sunday embarkation from Port of Everglades.

Thursday and Friday night: we stay at Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center (right next to MIA car rental canter and Tri Rail airport station)

Saturday night: we stay at Homewood Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport Hotel (very close to Tri Rail FLL station, 0.4 mile walking distance to the hotel)

Luggage: 26" luggage x 1 + 18" carry on X 2 (we are both physically fit adults)

We currently have two options regarding the transportation plan.

Option 1: Take the 9:42p Tri Rail to FLL and arrive at 10:22pm on Saturday. Walk 0.4 mile to the hotel. On Sunday morning, we take taxi to cruise terminal (hotel front desk said $12-$20 depends on traffic) or take hotel cruise shuttle ($10 pp)

Option 2: Alamo one-way car rental from MIA to FLL. I booked from Costco which is around $70 for a compact. After check out on Saturday, we walk to MIA car rental center to pick up our car. Drive around in Miami and then head to our hotel near FLL on Saturday night. The hotel has free parking. On Sunday morning, we return car to Alamo FLL and get a free shuttle ride to the cruise terminal. (is Alamo FLL cruise shuttle easy to get on right away?)

Which one makes more sense in terms of saving money and time and no hassle? I appreciate any comments. Thank you.

Edited by ccheng64

I am researching the Tri Rail system too. Our plan is to fly in MIA on Thursday night and spend Thursday and Friday night in Miami. Then we will travel to Fort Lauderdale on Saturday night for the Sunday embarkation from Port of Everglades.

Thursday and Friday night: we stay at Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center (right next to MIA car rental canter and Tri Rail airport station)

Saturday night: we stay at Homewood Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport Hotel (very close to Tri Rail FLL station, 0.4 mile walking distance to the hotel)

Luggage: 26" luggage x 1 + 18" carry on X 2 (we are both physically fit adults)

We currently have two options regarding the transportation plan.

Option 1: Take the 9:42p Tri Rail to FLL and arrive at 10:22pm on Saturday. Walk 0.4 mile to the hotel. On Sunday morning, we take taxi to cruise terminal (hotel front desk said $12-$20 depends on traffic) or take hotel cruise shuttle ($10 pp)

Option 2: Alamo one-way car rental from MIA to FLL. I booked from Costco which is around $70 for a compact. After check out on Saturday, we walk to MIA car rental center to pick up our car. Drive around in Miami and then head to our hotel near FLL on Saturday night. The hotel has free parking. On Sunday morning, we return car to Alamo FLL and get a free shuttle ride to the cruise terminal. (is Alamo FLL cruise shuttle easy to get on right away?)

Which one makes more sense in terms of saving money and time and no hassle? I appreciate any comments. Thank you.

Why are you spending two nights at the Miami airport? It is a dismal place to be and it really isn't a safe place to walk around.

Why are you spending two nights at the Miami airport? It is a dismal place to be and it really isn't a safe place to walk around.

We don’t intend to walk around a lot in MIA. We will only walk between Sheraton and the train station\ car rental center. It is just a short walk across the street.

Thursday - We arrive at 10:45pm and then we will check in and rest in the hotel for the night.

Friday - We plan to take the express bus from MIA to South Beach (30 min ride?) and return at late night. We will use the 25cent bus loop and walk around in South Beach. Last time when we visited, we had to pay for parking everywhere and be aware of the parking time. I think using public transportation will be easier this time.

Saturday - If we don’t get a rental car then we will use light rail & bus to tour around in Miami. We plan to visit downtown Miami, water front, Coconut Grove and Little Havana. Then we leave Miami to Fort Lauderdale on Saturday night.